Game Server purchased from an unauthorised GSP got blocked - Transfer money to ZAP-Hosting

it’s right here. you’re making it seem like they didnt even tell you that this was gonna happen.

you gotta learn in life no one’s ever gonna hold your hand apart from your mom… so stop acting like a special snowflake.

1 Like

I’m sure many owners are developers that create resources and just like the ease of a pre-configured game server, not saying they all are but I’m sure some are. I’ve introduced the project to hundreds of people and they love it! As do I, building a player-base is definitely supporting the project just the same as advertisement helps a company :slight_smile:

I’m not, helping supportive owners is just an easy way to show the community you are willing to help if the change affects a portion of them that might not know the best route of transition.

Right, but this project has grown a lot bigger than the Collective had anticipated… Especially with this still being in development, not even fully ready yet…

Wouldn’t you say that’s a good thing? If the base is increasing then they might need to find other ways to outreach and lend a helping hand, none of us knows about what they’re making like they do, they are the creators and obviously know the best routes for server development.

our datacenter staff could handle the ddos attacks right now, everything seems to be filtered very smoothly now. First downtime due to DDoS last 3 years - Cheers :confused:

2 Likes

Not really… More and more players/servers mean more stress and the need to expand so they can handle it all… Which they can not afford to do…

They do a good job a keeping the community updated via forums, discord, and twitter…

@zaphosting, you guys are awesome… You all are going above and beyond trying to make this transition for people as smooth as possible, when you don’t even have to. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

That would definitely mean that they could gain more support from the community that’s rapidly growing, meaning better assistance is needed to keep up with the growing base and honestly I haven’t seen anything making this easier from the FiveM devs. Also I understand they update us, but I’m sure they know plans that haven’t been released to us, they are the creators and know exactly what route they’d like to take the project. Even with updates there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don’t see (which you stated earlier)

Did you guys even read the OP? They clearly say why they are the only hosts that are allowed to host the servers. Because they are helping fund the development of the mod. The other hosts were the ones doing the wrong thing, keeping all the cash for themselves and not offering proper support.

If you are so angry about it, spend a little more cash and get your own server, much better in my opinion anyway. Sure it’s more expensive but then you aren’t limited to just one game, I have a dedicated server and host servers for several games, and have a private teamspeak, website and forum hosted on it too. In the end when you look at the price of all those things, you end up on top.

Well not that I am trying to throw water on a electrical fire here but I support FiveM with this choice as ZAP are the only people that wish to support FiveM. FiveM is a fantastic FREE to use service they could by all means have you buy it but no they choose to make it free so please and no offense but stop your bitching a moaning and either buy from zap or get another GTA MP mod because all you guys who “praise” FiveM just turned your back on it the minute they did whats best for the gamemode and as for the mods here a HUGE thanks to you guys for helping this community out and trying to deescalate the situation we love you guys!!!

Wew, well this was a very long chat… Quite interesting… I really don’t want to continue on with it (I feel like it can go forever).

All things aside, the FiveM dev’s are some fucking awesome people, they work their asses off on their free time to keep this going… Half the time, they are criticized for every little thing they do, but I will always have their backs. If it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t even have FiveM…

@zaphosting, again you guys are awesome! I’m sorry the angry children decided to ddos you… You guys don’t deserve it at all, especially with how helpful you all are being (basically giving money away to people).

@masonjason310, you seem like you could be cool. Good chatting with ya.

I feel like this thread should be locked (maybe an element will)… There’s really no reason to keep the comments flowing. If anyone needs to reach ZAP Support, you could send a PM or go to their website https://zap-hosting.com/en/

1 Like

there is much going on here. While we still working on the aftermaths caused trough the downtime I did not find any time to read everything and give some statements. I’m gonna make up for it. Top priority is currently handle all support requests.

2 Likes

Just stating my opinions, worked in customer service and I like to think I’m a pretty nice guy and I felt it was unfair to put so much time and have this happen. To each their own, good chatting with you too, you deserve moderator over some of the others lol.

@zaphosting Keep up the awesome work, thanks for all the support given, it will help the community tremendously and I’m glad at least someone is willing to help. Thanks again!

1 Like

Well not that I have been much part in this but @Indominus , @zaphosting , and last but not least @Indominus you guys seem to be some of the most intelligent non staff here I love this even though these angry infants are throwing a hissy fit when they should have known as conversations have been happening for some time I love this system and its devs I will back them 100% and as far as people crucifying the devs please stop as they work there asses off making this system bad ass and all you do is notice the issues yes we get it there are problems and they are aware so stop as no system is perfect and if you think there is all I have to say is go play GTA online

1 Like

Customer service is a good experience to have (as dreadful as it is). It gives you a lot of experience and you deal with a shit load of people. On the other hand, if you work for a company that has specific policies, and then you have a customer saying those policies do not apply to them… what do you do? You work for this company. Are you just going to disregard the policies for this customer because they decided not to follow them?

FiveM has always had this policy in the terms of service. Yes, it’s unfortunate that you got the shit end of the stick because you went with an unauthorized GSP, but we can’t do anything about that.

1 Like

I find this to be the worst decision fivem has ever made. I was running a server just fine from an apparently blacklisted server hoster and now you tell me I have to switch to this other hoster and suffer from horrible connections because their servers are in Europe. This is stupid and now you are forcing everyone to switch over there. I understand about the TOS stuff but y can’t others host. I understand that zap is paying you guys but just because they are shouldn’t mean they are the only ones that can host peoples servers. You guys made these server keys to authorize this was that just a scheme to get the ips of all the “unauthorized GSP’s”?

1 Like

:thinking: Pender County… Reminds me of North Carolina :joy:

@pendercounty

He is true. Thats messed up

I dont agree with this statement they did it to prevent the nasty server hosting providers from taking your money FiveM has talked of this for ages now but today is the first official “HUGE” step in stopping them yes people are mad but at the same time if you have read stuff here this is something that was talked of for some time now as zap is the only one that supports FiveM

Sorry to tell you, I pay for a service that offered it, im very entitled to my complaints.