FiveM keeps "running out of memory"

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? 1.0.1365.1
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? https://steamcommunity.com/id/10101080/
Windows version? 8
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) https://gyazo.com/c191a05259ea3d2d20babcef5900b28c
System specifications Intel i3 4130 3.4 GHz 8GB Ram DDR3, GTX 1050 Ti 4gb DDR5, 1TB HDD
What did you do to get this issue? The game will load up and run for around 3-5 minutes, then it would run low on memory and close
What server did you get this issue on? Every server, some less than more downloadable content servers
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs 72724f34-e32d-4c21-bcdd-18166b73fc2e

If an issue with starting:

GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.

I’ve set the priority to high, and I deleted the caches folder, but it still runs out of memory.
The game runs on all the cores, so that’s not the case for setting the affinity.

The only mod I have installed on GTAV is LSPDFR, could that be it possibly?

The only time this happened to me was when I tabbed out of FiveM (while still connected to my server), then went off and did something IRL, then came back and decided I wanted to play some Battlefield 4. For those of you that play computer killer 4, you’ll have figured out I didn’t get very far.

Point of the story is, it’s exactly what it sounds like, so try closing everything but Steam and FiveM; you can also look at upgrading your PC.

(If you have 2 monitors, have FiveM open on one, and Task Manager open on the other, and watch the live graphs.)

What other applications are you running? Sounds like you have a lot of other things open besides just FiveM.

Then again, FiveM requires at least 4 and recommends 8gb of ram, which is probably not even enough for servers that require you to download a lot of models (and then proceed to load them all into memory even when not needed). Having other applications running at the same time will then probably overload your 8gb of ram.

FiveM requires a clean installation of GTA V to work correctly, LSPDFR isn’t running when you run FiveM however you could try to get a clean installation of GTA V, and see if that helps at all.

Or, like suggested above, consider upgrading your PC’s RAM to something like (at least) 16GB, though I don’t expect you to do that considering RAM isn’t cheap lately.

I probably need more RAM, because servers that require a crapton of downloads leads to the memory loss faster than others that require smaller.

I only run FiveM in the background so, I’ll look for more RAM when prices drop down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.