FiveM Fatal Error "Could not find component cache storage file (components.json)"

Been trying to figure out a solution to this issue for the past 2 days since I started trying to install FiveM recently.

Initially I’d received an error regarding the Creators Update for Windows 10, however installing said update has changed nothing so far.

I have only seen one post about this specific error with the only available solution being to run a fresh install of Windows 10; I must say if this is the only option then it seems quite an unreasonable one.

Upon copying all files from the FiveM Application Data folder except the actual FiveM MS-DOS Application along with cherry picking suggested files to make an attempt at solving the issue I was met with a couple of different errors; these errors will be left below for your viewing.

• Upon moving components.json into the same file as the FiveM app _ Could not load component citizen-scripting-v8.dll - Windows error code 1114
  • Subsequently added citizen-scripting-v8.dll to the same folder as previous _ The procedure entry point ?GetInstance@Manager@streaming@@SAPEAV12@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users*PC NAME*\Desktop\FiveM\FiveM.app\devtools-five.dll
  • Adding the devtools-five.dll file to the folder this error came up alongside the previous one _ Could not load component devtools-five.dll - Windows error code 127.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

Odd - you seem to have an installation with mixed versions. Does your GTA folder contain CitizenFX files, or other files that shouldn’t be there?

This is a list of files that should exist in your GTA folder:

_Installers/ (if on Steam)
update/
x64/
GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll
GFSDK_TXAA.win64.dll
GFSDK_TXAA_AlphaResolve.win64.dll
GPUPerfAPIDX11-x64.dll
GTA5.exe
GTAVLauncher.exe
NvPmApi.Core.win64.dll
PlayGTAV.exe (if not on Steam)
bink2w64.dll
common.rpf
d3dcompiler_46.dll
d3dcsx_46.dll
installscript.vdf (if on Steam)
steam_api64.dll (if on Steam)
version.txt
x64a.rpf
x64b.rpf
x64c.rpf
x64d.rpf
x64e.rpf
x64f.rpf
x64g.rpf
x64h.rpf
x64i.rpf
x64j.rpf
x64k.rpf
x64l.rpf
x64m.rpf
x64n.rpf
x64o.rpf
x64p.rpf
x64q.rpf
x64r.rpf
x64s.rpf
x64t.rpf
x64u.rpf
x64v.rpf
x64w.rpf
1 Like

My GTA V folder does have CitizenFX files within it as well as a couple extra files which do not appear in the log you sent.

Obviously I’m new here so I don’t know policy on file uploads and such, but if it would help I could send my GTAV directory as an upload. That, or if you could let me know what files I might want to get rid of I’d be just fine with that as well.

Thanks for the info btw.

1 Like

I have the same problem. i looked at my folder. I do not have (NvPmApi.Core.win64.dll) or (GPUPerfAPIDX11-x64.dll)
I also have an extra folder in there that you did not mention named (_CommonRedist.)
Are any of those a problem?
http://imgur.com/a/myuwG i took screenshots