FiveM Client stuck on "Downloading content" on any server

GTA V version? Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social club
Windows version? Win 10 Pro 1809
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes - multiple times
Error screenshot (if any) image
This is the error I get if I try to link my FiveM account again via the FiveM app
System specifications Intel Core i7-4770, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
What did you do to get this issue? Simply trying to launch the app and join a server like normal
What server did you get this issue on? All servers
CitizenFX.log file CitizenFX.log (26.2 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs dde3627b-ef88-4caa-af50-383cad3bb0fc.dmp (105.6 KB)

Filepath to FiveM folder - C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\FiveM
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes, makes no difference and was working perfectly fine with AV on before?

Recently tried to connect to my usual server after playing on one of the “Carolina State RP” servers randomly and it just keeps getting stuck on “Downloading content”. I have deleted caches.xml, reinstalled FiveM completely multiple times and also verified my GTA 5 files via a repair so not sure exactly why it suddenly doesn’t want to work. (I did have to download loads of custom things for the Carolina servers, maybe that’s why?)

I’m also crashing the app when trying to relink my FiveM account to the FiveM app for some reason; as soon as I press authorise on my browser it crashes the app.

Any help appreciated!!

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.