DiscordChatRoles [Release]

people cant type in the chat if they don’t have discord open but if its open they can type.

Players who doesnt have discord open (the server cannot obtain their discord id) and players who havent joined our discord cant type in chat without getting that error you said you always get on your server do you know if you could write an if player id not found then used discord role id 0??? i will love you forever

This should now be fixed! I had accidentally triggered the Server Event in the wrong place by accident lol… Guess I didn’t realize where I put it. Sorry about that! Should work fine now even with no discord!

do i need to update the files?

Just the server.lua with the new code at the bottom. Not any of your roleList

Hi, we’ve just installed this on our server, configured and everything, working great but…

We’re starting to get complaints of some people that they can’t type in chat, plus, we’re getting a load of errors in the consoles too.
Here’s an example:

When did you install the script? I had made a fix that should of avoid that problem.

1. I hope you know that your discord ID is not very important lol, anyone can get it. It’s basically like your username, but in all numbers.

I installed the script today, like I said, it works great.

The first issue I discovered was the “InvokeNative: execution failed: Argument at index 1 was null.” error everytime I joined,

Second issue was the complaints some people can’t use the chat.

Finally I know the discord ID ain’t all that important, but hid it anyways :man_shrugging:

Can you get a picture of your current config and the code of server.lua please?

I mean, it’s nothing different to what I downloaded earlier, unless it’s my config but I doubt it.

https://pastebin.com/37fJYbzr

Just uploaded a new version. Should fix your problems :slight_smile: and make the plugin a lot more smooth. In this new version, the chat roles don’t update until after a restart however as this makes it more efficient.

Best Regards,
Badger

Oh wow, that’s fabulous, top lad!

I’m using a few other of your resources btw, like the ace permissions, works flawlessly with the likes of vMenu <3

1 Like

Glad to hear! Thanks for supporting my work!

This is the only problem I’m seeing in console when I join my test server, I heard this was something to do with source not being defined somewhere, that’s as much as I can help with that though.

That’s not my script. That seems to be another resource’s issue

You’re right, sorry.

1 Like

Turns out that’s an actual FiveM error and we have to ignore it :joy:

I get this error every time I try to type in-game. Everything is setup properly:

Change line 36 of discord_perms server.lua to this instead of it trying to print something like “data.member” or something:

print("data is nil value")

Goodness, I hate to be a pain in the arse, but there’s certain people in our servers that aren’t able to chat in server chat.
Like myself, haven’t experienced this, but I do think this is something related to the people who either don’t have the discord open, or something relating to their discord ID (my guess).

Sorry to bother again, I just want a good experience for all your users of the script.