DiscordChatRoles [Release]

I uploaded support for commands yesterday I believe. It should disregard any messages typed with a “/” in front of it :). Let me know if you mean something else though.

Example, Currently…

/me outputs --> [Me] Name
I was thinking something like
/me outputs --> [Role] Name

I don’t know if most people want that for their /me command. I would suggest getting someone to add /me into my code to add support like that if you want it.

[Tutorial]
Well i guess ill help those out for everyone who keeps to themselves
you need to setup a bot with the other discordroles script its fairly easy and you can find a guide on the original resource.
once there in this resource you will need to get the role id for each but you cannot just right click and copy the id from the chat as it will post the message id rather than the role id so to fix this when typing the role do @role it will give you a response like this <@&651651849465416516> you’ll then want to use the numbers only in the code

{651651849465416516, "^6Owner | "},

Then it should work! :slight_smile:

To the owner an amazing script and updates roles instantly: Suggestions for multiple roles configurable :wink:

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Hope you enjoy :smiley: Be look on lookout for more work from me! My next resource will be a good one!!!

Could you help with this error please! i love your resource! but players cant
join when DiscordChatRoles is running :clock9:

Never actually ran into that one… I would suggest when having the server stopped, you clear the cache of your server cache directory

ANY pictures?

I will get some pics of it once I can get my server back up due to this invalid input attack :confused:

could you add where its above there head to?

I could possibly add that, but I’d put a true or false variable to be able to disable it as well as I’m not sure how well that would work if someone wants to use the ID heads script.

Did you ever fix this issue? I think it’d be helpful to other people to know the solution if so, thanks.

Added pictures :slight_smile:

yeah clearing the cache fixed the problem!

1 Like

pls help

It’s a discord_perms issue. Happens all the time on my server. Nothing to worry about

It seems to be anyone who is not in my discord is there a way to prompt them to join or use the perm with role id 0 bc new players cant type

It should work with typing even if they do not have discord. What is your roleList looking like?

the script is working fine for me, the only question i have is how to disable the original chat. When my server types theres two different kinds of messages that go through. one with the discord roles and one that we have had

1 Like

I would suggest deleting the other one or not having it start. Having two chat scripts isn’t particularly going to go well unless you know how to get them to work properly together.