Deprecating CitizenMP.Server

There is no need for any conversion unless the mods you were using were either out of date or are a special exception, I just ported across 14 different scripts, and 6 cars, from a windows machine to a Linux VPS, I didn’t have to change one thing, all I did was copy paste and add “start resource” to the server.cfg instead of " - resource". I cant express what little needs to be done, and even if there is there are several threads and users providing extensive support.

1 Like

What needs to be changed is already documented. As for resources, its not my duty to go through them all to check and update if necessary. That is the duty of the creator.
If you are running a server off nothing but community resources and are upset that they arent updated and dont know how to do it yourself, then either dont run a server off nothing but released scripts without having any knowledge about scripting, make your own scripts if you know how to, or invest time in reading the wiki and asking for help for the scripts you want help updating.

1 Like

You ported 14 scripts. But i need to port 50 scripts. So i don’t want to upgrade any freaking scripts. I’m happy with citmp.

I use citmp and i have not a problem with citmp. Users can use FXserver if they want but i dont want to use. So i will not follow this forum anymore. Don’t reply this comment. I won’t answer.

So everyone else should suffer? Also unless those scripts are community made ones that haven’t been updated then you won’t have anything to do, the new FXservers are better it may be a hassle just now to switch over to them, but it only benefits everyone at a later stage (if not right now).

God damn! They can make an option about version select. If you want FXserver you choose fx if i want to use citmp i choose citmp. If they can block to connect citmp servers, they can do this too.

But what if a massive security hole is found in citmp, or people get confused, or people keep reporting issues with citmp or people only develop specific mods for one or another. Having 2 things like this is a terrible idea and pointless cost to development time, the are redoing a lot of networking code that will not be compatible too, which would potentially then make them need to have 2 versions of a client as well as 2 versions of a server, causing more confusion. when all they have to do is discontinue a broken older server and make users have to use the newer better one.

1 Like

Bye. We need less people here with this attitude right now anyways :slight_smile: It demotivates the devs and just makes you look like a jerk! Citmp is no longer supported and making the client support citmp and FX-Server is a constant struggle. That’s why they are deprecating it. There’s things they just cannot do whilst supporting citmp.

The software isn’t even out of beta yet and you want to complain? That’s ridiculous!

I don’t want to complain anything! I did not condemn too. You should encourage people instead of throwing them away. This would be better.

You ported 14 scripts. But i need to port 50 scripts. So i don’t want to upgrade any freaking scripts. I’m happy with citmp.

I use citmp and i have not a problem with citmp. Users can use FXserver if they want but i dont want to use. So i will not follow this forum anymore. Don’t reply this comment. I won’t answer.

You’re mad because an open source project decided to move on with development and leave you behind. There isn’t even any conversion needed for 99.9% of mods only the ones that used methods that were never supported in the first place.

It’s not out of beta yet, the client cannot continue to support both or else they wouldn’t even make this change. People should be upgrading to FX-Server instead of crying in this thread.

Am I the only one that can’t bring up the player id’s in FX? Did the key change? I’m totally stumped.

ya ya ok ! whatever, why you don’t stop if you think i’m mad. Do it what you want. Taken care of.

Anybody can help me I want to use ply_garages,helishop,essentialmod, emergency plugins with FXserver but it doesn’t work.

these scripts won’t work 'till creators fx update except essentialmode v4

You don’t understand, the old server version is deprecated because it is limited and can’t be extended for the future.
They aren’t deprecating it just to be assholes, there are solid reasons why FXServer is the next gen for the serverside and citmp isn’t. Already we have 32 max slots with FXserver compared to 24 max slots with citmp. And FXServer is planned to have 64 max slots by the end of the year if development goes to plan. As well as C# being compatible with serverside, not just clientside. These changes just isn’t possible with citmp as the devs have stated before.
Whether you like it or not, to stay up to date with FiveM, FXServer is an inevitable change everyone is going to have to deal with.
If you can’t understand what I have said, then I honestly don’t can’t think of anything else can be said in order to make it anymore clearer.

1 Like

It’s ok i was wrong! I can understand. FX going to be nice and succesfull. I hope everyone gets used.

anyone know why FXserver don’t know the MySQL var in my server.lua ?

no info about it in the doc ?..

as @alberto2345 said we can dev in c# server side ? any info how ?
Should i change my reference CitizenFX.Core.Dll in my project by the one in the new FXserver file ?

For c# server scripting you should make a reference to the fxserver right enough, like so
FXserver > citizen > clr2 > lib > mono > 4.5 > citizenFX.core.dll

yes , i saw that (i type it in my message ) , but things i don’t know is how to act on the database with the new dll made for server side , is there a class made for it , or i have to use a external api for mysql ?

Just a couple of clicks and I’m on FX, not a big deal. Thank you guys for your work, I know that what you do is for good. Keep it up! <3

2 Likes