Deprecating CitizenMP.Server

What about people changing 10 bytes of code to ruin a server will that still exist.

So, I have a game server hoster im guessing they use legecy? Iā€™m not sureā€¦ And also will this mean ā€œRAGEā€ is gonna come soon :smiley: i need EUP

pm me that info pls it sounds useful to me

also when can we get documentation that looks as nice and is as complete as this:

https://gta-orange.net/api/Introduction.html

This will be my last post on this. Does anyone see the irony of an open source project creating restrictions on creativity? This was absolutely handled incorrectly in my opinion which is very little here. Best of luck to everyone else, I will spending my next 4 weekends migrating my community to ā€œfxā€.

For the record, you can have a product in Alpha or Beta stage and not have it be spewing mess. You could plan things out, warn people months ahead, create guides, documentation etc. Battlegrounds is a prime example of an excellent Alpha/Beta stage product.

1 Like

Well I mean, it was told that Citizen will be deprecated. With the word ā€œdepcrecatedā€ it does mean you should move over and develop for FX Server. Somewhere on the wiki or on the forum it does say that FX Server is the new thing for the future. That shouldā€™ve been the call up to start migrating. I mean, Iā€™ve been using FX Server for a week now and itā€™s going all good.

1 Like

And your community exist because of FiveM right? At least please consider this

3 Likes

That is a known issue and being worked on

Most Likely yes

you mean the work you wonā€™t need to do? As iā€™ve said earlier, there is barely any difference scripting wise from CFX-Server to FXServer, only thing that might change this is that ā€œrequireā€ doesnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Can we stream better textures and cars? Is pool size increased? Is desync better? What makes fx better

Hey devs I just want to say thanks for what you guys are doing! This thread is turning kinda toxic but just a few weeks ago I knew 0 about Lua or scripting.

This resource has motivated me to start learning and contributing so please keep doing what guys do. I for one am excited for change. Is it perfect no, however there always will be growing pains.

@TieDyeDude it sounds like the issue isnā€™t with the fxserver itā€™s with the fact that you are a solo developer on your server. Have you reached out to the community for help? Iā€™m sure there are people here who would be more than willing to help you transition.

3 Likes

I was serious that if you need help just pm me and I will help you with any questions on setting up the fxserver. I will see about writing a step by step guide of how to install the fx server if its needed. I think i have also seen a videos of the fx installation I believe but i have not watched it.

1 Like

you always could? Itā€™s just that GTA V often canā€™t handle the huge file sizes that are trying to be loaded.

Iā€™m talking about not 1024 textures but 4k and have less desync

What exactly makes it better? I can still rip source code from fxservers?

Said it was my last post, but wanted to at least say thanks dude. Yes, I am just burnt out been doing 15 hours a day last 3 days to launch a new server. Just got done on a 14 hour session, obviously this just hit me wrong. Just really burnt out. Iā€™ve reached out to a couple of other awesome server devs who are going help out. Thanks for the kindness bud!

@shuzu You are correct, without fivem I would not have blossomed my awesome community, I am very thankful.

2 Likes

No you canā€™t, and FXServer is generally better since it allows for higher playercap, better performance, and allround is alot cleaner than CFX-Server

1 Like

Yes I can, Iā€™ll show youā€¦ Its a lua file stealer deved in c#. Give me a fxserver and Iā€™ll give you the source

Np man Iā€™m still very new to lua myself but Iā€™d be more than willing to help out also if you need anything too :slight_smile:

I have no idea who you are replying to but this couldnā€™t be more wrong, thereā€™s like maximum of 2 active developers at once and the mods are basically chosen at random.

Once again you can contribute to the project and patch it.

What? RAGE is Rockstars engine

Yes we know but none of us know how to manage a community properly and people are willing lock themselves into a resource that the creator says you shouldnā€™t use, weā€™re kinda backed into a corner

Yes people decided to not do it, hence why this is happening.

While this is mostly true ES 2.X relies on behaviour that should never have worked in the first place (sending metatables in events). The only reason this worked is because of the broken NeoLua runtime on the C# server.

• A servers that isnā€™t supposed to be temporary (aka unmaintable)
  • Same scripting runtime as client (fully supported C# and Lua)
  • Proper multi threading and scheduling
  • A better platform for OneSync
  • Consistency with client codebase (as itā€™s the same codebase)

Stop thinking we do this to spite the community

Once again itā€™s people like you that help us stay motivated :slight_smile:

If you want to make the wiki page easier to understand / clearer that would be awesome!

Why though? Why would you ever want this? Thatā€™s just unoptimized.

Thatā€™s not healthy :frowning: Hopefully the scripting will be easier in the future and not require 15h sessions. Itā€™s definitely not where we want it to be atm, but making a scripting enviroment for another scripting enviroment is kinda weird.

But the resource downloading works exactly the same as the C# server???

5 Likes

RAGE plugin hook, like LSPDFR uses RAGE, EUP, etc

This will still have to same problems as any ScriptHook multiplayer mod

1 Like