Deprecating CitizenMP.Server

You know that you dont actually have to port much to get it to run on FXServer, i ported my resources in a matter of MINUTES, its not much and its definetely not complicated.

@Twitter_Tweets except you DON’T HAVE TO START OVER

2 Likes

Kinda do, I’m on es 2.1 and its not supported.

2 Likes

If you rely on resources that use lua functions that are not supported anymore it’ll take you much longer.

You’re telling me you ported 60 resources in minutes? BS

3 Likes

thats not the fault of FiveM devs

except, no resource is officially supported? you use them at your own risk, and es2 is DEFINETELY not supported since the author explicitely stated that it isn’t

which ones aren’t supported anymore?

1 Like

Its the fault of the “devs” making us redo everything.

I will say the yes the documentation is a bit behind guys with the fx server. I am not going to call you guys any names etc. Migrating to the new fxserver is a good thing and will open up a huge variety of better updates for fivem in the future. I have setup and fxserver a couple days ago and its so much better. If you have any questions for me i can help you setup an fxserver pm me and I will help you as best as I can. Thats if any of you would like my help.

Again, you dont have to redo ANY resources, 99% of stuff still works.

Anything that relied on essentialmode before it switched to couchdb is broken

you’d have to port every single addon manually if you didnt want to move to couchdb

1 Like

What the bloody hell are you people saying “gotta redo resources, such a mission” blah blah blah…

All you have to do is change “require …” in scripts that actually use it, to the one said on the wiki. Not rocket science. The other thing that is different is the server config. OTHER THAN THAT it’s literally all the same and operates the same, if not better. Fuck off complaining.

1 Like

Every announcement/update you seem to dissapoint god job fivem, your on a roll!

So here’s some food for thought, like I said before instead of telling everyone you have less than 29 days to switch over, develop a frickin game plan. Have your wiki updated, ask “external moderators” to throw up a few guides or have some documentation ready to help the huge base of non fx server admins make the transition.

Not just be like oh ya btw, you have 4 weeks to do this or your server is gone. Oh and hey good luck figuring it out on your own. Do these guys plan or just come up with crazy on the whim ideas in discord and run with it?

except you have all the time in the world to transition to FXServer, but you have to accept that the old CFX-Server just isn’t as good as the new FXServer, and you barely have to do anything to transition to FXServer, read the wiki, put your resources on, bingo, you just transitioned to FXServer, see this post

1 Like

When people in the community contribute to the wiki

That any resource made for CitizenFX server should work on FXServer without changes, known inconsistencies are documented

All of FiveM is “alpha-ish”, we wanted to get OneSync done before people actually started using it. Instead we’re stuck with hundreds of servers and misconceptions, not to mention a demotivated dev team.

This perfectly describes the old C# server that was temporary

It’s not forced yet, this is to get people to get more people to run for it’s final testing

It’s not our fault that 90% of servers vendor locked themself into a broken “framework” that shouldn’t even work (ex metatables in events) and freezes the whole server when saving information.

Or people could like ACTUALLY FUCKING CONTRIBUTE instead of complaining that everything is broken

Except in the tech support section where there’s people that can’t read, breeding more elitism :cry:

Thanks @xander1998 it’s people like you that ensure we don’t randomly shutdown someday from demotivation. Sorry for the somewhat rushed replied etc. I’ll also hide some post that are just name calling.

5 Likes

What a shitshow this turned into :thinking: In all honesty, FX Server is way better. It performs better and literally I’ve almost all my scripts copied over and running without any edits.

2 Likes

Im just going to grab a seat and watch… Flipping out too early will get nobody anywhere… Im sure it will all work right at some point… Its call DEVELOPMENT … Lets DEVs do what they do best…

Fivem? I know right?!

Why don’t your massive team of mods / devs do it correctly instead of relying on your community who most have no fucking idea of what they’re doing / need to do.

except the “mods” are just part of the community too, we hardly represent FiveM, we are just here to keep the forums and discord tidy.

1 Like

6 Likes