Custom Police Uniforms?

Hello

Im trying to add a set of police textures to my server that over wright some of the default clothing. I would like to be able to set these to a players custom ped instead of changing a whole model as everyone has there own unique player. The files i have are all .ytd. I have put these into a stream file along with the resource file, but the textures arnt changing in game??

The .ytd files change the number variables instead of a model so you should be able to find the correct number with you skin, but the texture isnt changing. Anyone able to shed some light on this??

1 Like

Not really sure what you mean here. I’ve got 2 interpretations:

Are you trying to add textures onto the multiplayer ped? Just gonna tell you, don’t bother wasting your time on that. Not only will you most likely break your whole server, you’ll be basically wasting a lot of time that can be used on better things like server development.
I worked with peds for about a few months now and if you are trying to do something by default like uppr_diff_01 and you want to add a texture by adding a texture with the name of uppr_diff_02, it won’t work. Each ped is accompanied either the ymt file (aka file of death in my eyes). The YMT file is basically a massive code document which determines the properties of the ped. HMU if you need help with that stuff.

This is exactly what I am trying to achieve. I hate that if you become eg: hwaypatrol cop you whole ped changes…I like my players to be able to see their char that they created in esx_skin…sigh…its hard work…but determined…atm I am testing out custom vests.

That is exactly what I was trying to do. But if it doesn’t work then never mind. Players will just have to except they will have a different model when playing as cop or medic. Thanks for your help :grinning:

Anyway you guys got it to work?

Danny