Constantly receiving "october-michigan-lithium" error

We have also had to resort to using God Mode sometimes which has completely stopped the error, then when we all turn it off, it starts concurring again.

I respectfully disagree, I feel as if this error is %100 random, because ive played on servers with like 5 people in the same spot, no shooting/killing. I seem to crash on any server with this error, with no reasoning what so ever!

our server crashes at random as well with these same errors, sometimes when people die and alot of the times at random, today for example i crashed 4 times just driving around, sometimes i can play for hours and its fine and the next day cant stay on longer then 10 minutes.

So i would also agree this problem is pretty random.

ā€œstill love you though polecat :Pā€

If you have an Nvidia Graphics card, make sure you have the NVIDIA Control Panel and you can find VSync in your 3D options. Look up many tutorials on Google or YouTube to try that, because Nvidia auto puts VSync on.

This error is caused when people get shot in the head. Itā€™s not random at all. At least for my server.

I mean, I get the same error at random, and other do aswell, I think itā€™s safe to assume there is no exact causeā€¦

1 Like

After a lot of testing, we have come to the conclusion that it is not caused by peds being shot in the head or dying.

I mean, Iā€™ve done about 14 hours of playing in our server and Iā€™d have to say otherwise. Iā€™ve only gotten 2 out of about 20-25 crashes that werenā€™t this ā€œoctober-michigan-lithiumā€ and all of them had to do with a ped getting shot. So I donā€™t know how you came to that conclusion.

We spent ages playing and killing each other, shooting in the head, trying different ped models, and we never crashed. It seems like something triggers the error to start happening.

Have you tried killing people while they are using MP Male/Female?

Yes we tried all variations of those peds.

See what I am confused about isā€”and I know nothing about this platform or itā€™s source codeā€”how an error that mass-crashes clients can just happen. There has to be something that triggers it, obviously, but nothing else seems to cause it.

1 Like

Because this hooks into game code on a low level, any tiny aberration can cause such a problem, but as GTA V isnā€™t open source, we canā€™t look at it directly even from crash dumps.

If this issue were consistently reproducible, it could be attempted to disable various hooks to see what would and wouldnā€™t fix it; however as it isnā€™t, and it can very well happen that you can play for hours without this occurring, it obviously still isnā€™t fixed.

Weā€™re doing this in our free time, we donā€™t have time to spend 100s of in-game hours investigating a crash by bisecting almost the entire game: therefore we need a solid repro to be able to fix any crash.

2 Likes

I hope it didnā€™t come off as me demanding you guys spend hours upon hours of time looking at this problem. My apologies if it did.

Yep I get this crash every 20-30 minutes on every server. And its not just me its everyone on the server, or most of them. Not sure if its a ped dying that is causing it.

i had the same error on TwitchRP, canā€™t even play more then an hour now

@Boss , @hydrogen , @zirconium , @oganesson , @actinium

After testing again and again, I made an actual conclusion for why people are crashing, mainly with that ā€œOctober-Michigan-Lithiumā€ error.
I made some test with NPC, MP Model, and SP characters.

-From what people said and what we saw, the problem was happening more ofently with Multiplayer characters. => Thatā€™s right, most of the time it happened, someone in a MP model, made half of the server crashing.
-Happens randomly when anyone die. => Thatā€™s right, when someone die in a NPC character, it can happen.

So then, what is the problem?
After testing to kill myself and being killed by other people, I concluded that the crash happen when you are killed by someone or an NPC.
-If you kill yourself, falling from a building, it wonā€™t happen.
-If someone kill you with a gun, or sometimes melee weapon, it will happen.
-If you are killed by a car ramming you, it will also happens sometimes.

The reason of the crash, from the tests I made, is that when you die, the game ā€œforceā€ you to get a new skin. If you die in your actual ped skin and respawn normally, nothing will happen. But sometimes, the game will ā€œforceā€ you to get Franklin skin, and then you will have a new NPC skin again. People crash at the exact moment of when the game ā€œforceā€ you to get Franklin skin.
The problem occurs most of the time with MP Model, but also with some NPC skin. Not all of them, or maybe itā€™s random, but every test I made when it did ā€œforceā€ me to get Franklin skin, made half of the server crash.

Using ā€œRestore appearance on respawnā€ is not working all of the time or isnā€™t fast enough, so even using it, will not avoid the crash.

Could you please look into that, maybe doing some tests on your side.
Thank you in advance.

Junkozane.

What settings are you/the killed person using in Lambda Menu to have this happen all the time?

We downgraded to enhanced reborn and I am about to get back to Lambda.
My actual settings on Enhanced Reborn 5 are (Mostly the same on Lambda)

1 Like

Didnā€™t it use to work out fine enough a few months ago? Some people were forced into the Franklin skin after dying, more or less not properly respawning. I remember people were forced into it and have had to respawn somehow again. Such as the weapon wheelā€™s HUD was gone. You would still get the blurred background like if the wheel was there, but it wasnā€™t.
Used to respawn again to get it back, usually that was bound being in Franklinā€™s skin at the same time, but not all the time. Though this linked at a failed respawn. This is so far that is still in my mind right now. Itā€™s quite confusing, but also interesting, forced into Franklinā€™s skin after a mishap at respawning, people didnā€™t crash, now somehow it does. Maybe something in the client, but not only focusing on the client, might an issue? No solid facts about it from my side, I could only recommend more testing to assure a more fluent gameplay.
Anyhow, I highly believe itā€™s something that has to do with respawning, though now it leads to crashes, not like a few months ago.

1 Like