Constantly receiving "october-michigan-lithium" error

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version?
Up to date?
YES
Legit or Pirate copy?
LEGIT
Steam/CD/Social Club?
STEAM
Windows version?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
YES
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
YES
Error screenshot

GTA V folder screenshot
https://puu.sh/ww6zd/cea8d90aed.png
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
https://puu.sh/ww6zY/32ed1ecb8c.png
Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Desktop\5M
FiveM client folder screenshot
https://puu.sh/ww6AX/0d12c97976.png
System specifications
i7-770K
GTX 1060
16 GB RAM
W10 Pro
CitizenFX.log file

.dmp files/crash IDs
ReportID: 69188df4-50df-4fe0-a5ad-90bf909b2945
Also add what you already tried so far.

Not apart of this section, so please don’t kill me, but I get this error EVERY time I crash. The hashname is the same every time.

Thanks again.

I get the same exact error.

same ----tewntycharacters

im getting the same problem

i get this when i press on fivem.exe http://prntscr.com/fq3kr6

it happens on multiple servers for me. Only after someone gets killed though. Please help FiveM

I always get this error

I get this too! It gets really annoying… I can play for maybe an hour and then I kill someone or die, or someone gets killed, and then BOOM! game crashes with this error… SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

What resources is the server you play on running? It might be a bad ped mod is causing this issue.

If anyone can upload a ped mod that they were using if this happens when dying, this issue could be fixed pretty easily.

1 Like

I cant even play it when i press on FiveM.exe i get this error not even getting to select server its just dont let me turn game on…

We constantly get this error using vanilla MP Male / MP Female skins.

This isn’t the issue because I crash when using multiple peds. Also, this death thing isn’t happening to me because people will die constantly and my game is fine. It literally happens when I am either standing somewhere or just driving around.

Furthermore, are you guys going to acknowledge this problem exists, or just keep ignoring it?

same here, many people are getting this error on my server.

What else should we do if it’s not known what causes it specifically? Not all deaths cause this crash, nobody provided information to repro it consistently, so nothing can be done about it so far.

The same goes for any and all in-game crashes: without knowing how to cause the crash, we can’t fix the crash.

This particular crash is related to random memory corruption, so without a consistent repro, it is impossible to fix, as this would require deliberately inducing the crash ~10-20 times: that’s pretty much undoable if one has to play on a full server for 20 minutes for the crash to occur.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll help you out. Earlier, I was on a server with eight people on it. Nobody died and people were still crashing left and right. So whatever it is, it started happening after the Gunrunning DLC introductory update.

In addition—and off-topic to this thread—, this latest update (before the one on July 4th that wasn’t noted in the changelogs) has completely broken VSync. I have it off, yet I am locked at 60 and get CONSTANT frame drops from a locked 60 to 45-22. This happens anywhere, and is prominent when driving over sand or anything else that creates a particle effect.

which still doesn’t help repro it? again, this crash can be caused by literally anything, we really need a solid repro, not ‘omg it started happening after THE ENTIRE GAME GOT REPLACED’, as that doesn’t help: we don’t have the source code to GTA V itself, so we don’t know what R* might’ve changed on their end, nor did you provide an actual repro, again, other than ‘wow people were crashing left and right!!!’.

that’s normal, why would you want more frames than your monitor can display? the game still runs at higher FPS, it’s just that FPS measurement software doesn’t know how to count the new Windows APIs, so stops at 60

and that would probably have happened the same way even without the changes, given how particles are heavy on a lot of systems?

I don’t understand why you’re being so passive-aggressive or sarcastic because I am trying my best to help. I am not a developer for my server nor am I a 1337 c0d3r so I don’t understand e v e r y t h i n g about this platform. As I said I am trying my best here so your comments are, in my opinion, unnecessary and out of line. If you have nothing to contribute why even say something like that in the first place?

Anyways,

1. It does actually help you because immediately after the Gunrunning update this happened. So why couldn’t you just revert back to before this update and figure out what’s causing it then push the update after it’s all figured out? To me, that seems like it would be the safest option.

2. It’s not normal. As I said, I had VSync OFF and still do. I would get 90+ FPS constantly before the recent update and now, as I will say again, I am locked at 60.

3. Again, no it’s not normal. Before this latest update, I got no FPS drops relating to particle effects. The biggest drop I would get would be from doing burnouts on sand or dirt for long periods of time. Even then, that would cause a maybe 5-10 frame drop.

I am not trying to start something here with you, but your sarcastic comments aren’t helpful. I am trying to give you guys as much info as I can and know to give.

It was happening before the gunrunning update. I have been struggling to repro this for a month now. I even tried disabling every single streaming asset on the server and it still happens. But since it isn’t reproducible without a semi-full server load, there isn’t much they can do to pinpoint it.

We started having this problem recently, and it only happens when a specific person dies on the server. It’s like his game is bugged or something and causes everyone to crash.

In my personal experience and opinion, I deeply believe “october-michigan-lithium error” has in all its entirety to do with killing other people or being killed. I have started having people running God Mode in my community with full games all the time and we have stopped the crashing (cause no one is dying or being killed) That is the only temporary fix I have found to stop all unwanted game crashing.

5 Likes