ConnectQueue - A Server Queue System

@Nick78111 The connect queue doesnt work for me it keeps coming back as the server is full

did you remove the hardcap resource?

how would i go about doing that?

so dose this resource function without braking now?

Remove hardcap from your server.cfg

Works fine for us, take notice of the loading … when dots stop and freeze , that means someone left the que. press cancel and join again. It should hold your spot in the que. …
At least this is the only issue we have with it.

Pretty sure it also depends what server build you are using with it… latest build does not work for us.

I removed
start hardcap
from my server.cfg but for some reason it still does not allow members to join when there are empty slots. It slowly funnels them in (over minutes per connection) which isn’t feasible for us.

The resource in it’s current state lets 5 people in at a time. It will let the next person join once one of the 5 people connecting finish loading in.

Any update for when it will gets updated?

Try delaying the start of the que. Meaning, start it when you have 20-25 people. Then start the que.

Is there an automated way of doing this?

Is there an easy way to change this? I’d like it to fill up the server before the queue even takes effect.

if #GetPlayers() < 32 then
    -- do nothing
else
    --code for adding to queue
end

Just went through the code and was looking for a better way to do this. There is a line:

if self:ConnectingSize() >= 5 then removeFromQueue() return false end
    if ids[1] == "debug" then
        table_insert(self.Connecting, {source = ids[1], ids = ids, name = ids[1], firstconnect = ids[1], priority = ids[1], timeout = 0})
        return true
    end

I think I can update that to 30. We shall see.

That won’t work (20 char)

Hmmm… It appears to be working so far (on test server)

What are you suggesting I do?

Are you going to release the update to public? Its been a while since you said you had refactored it and what not.

1 Like

You were correct. wowzers

Suggestions on how to make it work? (Looking for something better than @jxmessc0tt’s solution. )

if #GetPlayers() > 32 then
     --code for adding to queue
else
     -- do nothing
end

:laughing:

1 Like

Aight… does this look right? (line 131-172)
https://hastebin.com/ureseqahox.rb