[CLOSED] How can we solve this problem?

My Opinion on the matter:

I believe that if these type of messages are stuck onto a new user’s post, They could end up leaving the FiveM community as a whole. Keep in mind, I was a new user before, and so were you. Therefore there should be no excuse or tolerance for people who blatantly make these remarks that do not benefit the user in the slightest bit. If we want these users to stay with our community that the elements worked day and night for, We need to show respect to those who are determined enough to even press that “Create Topic” button so they can receive help or opinions. Even if we have to tell new users where already existing topics that answer there question are, We can easily just tell them where to find it, and how to find related topics next time.

Opposing Opinion:

The issue is, people come on asking the exact same questions (over and over) when, if they just did a forum search, they could easily find the answer to their question(s).

For example: let’s say the server list is not showing servers… Instead of looking at previous (recent) posts, that literally have the same title, people will make a whole new thread just to ask the same question… This get’s rather annoying…
When I first started using FiveM, I knew that, if I had an issue, it would be best to utilize the search function or try to Google what the issue was instead of creating a new topic that already has been answered previously.

Ultimately, it’s just common sense… If you have an issue, you should try to solve it yourself by doing some research instead.

While the remarks might seem a little harsh, sometimes it takes a little ‘tough love’ to get people going in the correct direction. While I know this community has a lot of underage people, life is not about getting stuff handed to you. You have to work hard to find/get what you want.

If you have an opinion on this matter, Feel free to reply to this topic so we together can help make this community better.

I think once they do it twice though, it does get annoying. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah that is true. But if you look at some users, They just need a step in the right direction, Which is why I also mentioned finding a way to help them in a way that won’t require asking for assistance for simple things again.

Like for example:

“Here you go: www.fivem.net. Next time though, The search bar would be a faster way to find your solutions.”

I have been apart of fivem since June 30th, 2016.

I have never seen this

“Another useless post from a below average user of FiveM…”

and i am on the forums every day. But i have seen “another useless topic”.

Before i started to know really how to write code (because i started at the bottom to) I have always searched for what i was looking for before asking because it just sounds lazy to me. Thats like me just posting all of my needs on the forums ans expecting people to link me things with the only effort was to write the post when they could have just searched the forums. I agree thay google it is used alot and i believe that i have seen it mostly on really stupid posts when the poster is rude. But i can agree if it is posted on an actual topic that needs help it does look pretty bad but i have only seen it on rude posters

Yeah I can understand that point of view as well.

The issue is, people come on asking the exact same questions (over and over) when, if they just did a forum search, they could easily find the answer to their question(s).

For example: let’s say the server list is not showing servers… Instead of looking at previous (recent) posts, that literally have the same title, people will make a whole new thread just to ask the same question… This get’s rather annoying…

While true, when I first started using FiveM, I knew that, if I had an issue, it would be best to utilize the search function or try to Google what the issue was instead of creating a new topic that already has been answered previously.

Ultimately, it’s just common sense… If you have an issue, you should try to solve it yourself by doing some research instead.

While the remarks might seem a little harsh, sometimes it takes a little ‘tough love’ to get people going in the correct direction. While I know this community has a lot of underage people, life is not about getting stuff handed to you. You have to work hard to find/get what you want.

Ending on a funny note:

Words from the wise Beyonce

You gotta grind till you own it…

These are some very great points!

I guess I’m just worried about the population of the community.

I am going to turn this topic into a debate as it seems to fit it better as my opinion is just one sided.

1 Like

Never seen that used in a response.

Yes. And when I first joined this community, I asked questions. Just like everyone else. Heck, I even got told I was a fucking idiot by one of the moderators. And you know what, it helped. Instead of expecting a solution to my problems, the community taught me how to search and find solutions on my own. A valuable skill if you ask me. So, telling someone to search for a solution is a valid response to a question that has been asked multiple times. Why should I bother to write up a solution when someone else already has and all the user has to do is fucking search for it? If they’re not going to bother, I’m not.

And if they don’t want to search for their answers (especially if it’s been asked multiple times), I personally don’t want them here. Creating a topic is easy, searching for answers (apparently) isn’t.

What? Why create this expectation that someone will provide you with the answers, do you know how many people already expect help and stuff? No. You should search first then, ask your question if you cannot find a solution.

1 Like

How can we resolve this issue guys?

I think that is a question that should be answered.

I mean I don’t see an issue now.

It is in my opinion an issue as it is causing some users to react like this:

Here’s a proposal, Let’s add guidelines that prevent users from posting without trying to find it first on the forums.

I mean people will be people. They will act like that no matter the guidelines. Anyone that says “from a below average user of FiveM everyone!” is a below average user in my book.

I’ve gotta side with you on that point.

This wouldn’t really be possible… They would have to make a script that prevents someone from posting till they ‘check’ or ‘verify’ that they’ve searched the forums beforehand, and I don’t see that happening. And making it a rule isn’t going to stop anyone either.

There isn’t an issue, tbh… The solution is, people need to utilize the search function before making a post, but people won’t do that because most everyone expects to be handed everything they want/need.

Also, just pointing this out, frostbitten.cat is not a moderator/regular here on the forums… They are simply a member, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, regardless, it was not needed (what they said).

Post is now closed as the Opposing Opinion is universally agreed with.