Change to the TOS about ingame donations

Hello,

I am looking into starting my own fivem server however, I was just reading through the TOS and I noticed that donations to give in-game stuff is against the TOS as shown here.

No financial profit shall be derived by the Users from any derivative of, or third-party service,
User Generated Content, or Game Server for FiveM, the Game Services, or other entities
stated in these Terms, except as expressly permitted by CitizenFX.

This is kinda annoying as donations may be essential to keep a server running, however with that said I fully agree that in-game perks (that gives you any sort of advantage) should strictly not be allowed through donations. However I would still suggest that, why not allow donations to receive in-game cosmetics only (So no perks, only stuff like vehicle skins, players skins, etc) as this would not give any kind of advantage to any player and it would only be a small thing to say thank you to the player, nothing else.

If you are scared this may be abused, then why not make an application process and an official list of servers that are allowed to sell in-game cosmetics (like Arma 3 does). Without said permission, they would go directly against the TOS

Sidenote: This is also allowed by many other games such as Minecraft and Arma 2,3.

TLDR: Allow donations to receive in-game cosmetics (Skins) with no perks.

Please give me your thoughts on this in a reply to this thread.

Kind Regards
Benjamin

The TOS already allows for the collection of donations to satisfy your server bill, anything past that simply isn’t needed.

They are allowed. As long as donations dont exceed immediate server costs. Dont forget… Take2 doesn’t like fivem. The TOS are here to protect it.

Just to be clear, i can give donation rewards to my players? As long as the donations are just for keeping the server alive? (non-profit)

Yes, as he stated… You can offer in-game perks, for example, I offer add-on vehicles with a permission system for my community, other stuff would be fine. The only thing you need to keep note off; do NOT make a profit, a way of doing this is either disabling donations after the goal has reacher, or just simply removing the link. Hope this clears your final questions up.

Sure. Got it.
I’ll give rewards to the donations, but just to keep the server running.

Thanks for the answers!

1 Like

Yup perfect, no problem, good luck with it.

1 Like

Would you be allowed to exceed server costs into a profit as long as everything is only used on the community.

Example: None of the money would be for me, however it would go to server costs, websites costs, paying for developers, etc.

It needs to be immediate server costs (for that month/billing cycle). You also shouldn’t be paying for developers, as that is against the TOS, because they are doing work for a profit.

1 Like

So this is ok? Lol it’s not mine, someone sent that to me I think it’s fucking ridiculous

https://www.adrpgta.com///viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2

While excessive, it’s allowed up to the point of the server costs being met then donations need to be halted.

It says profit… As in, you are allowed to take donations, just not more than the server costs

And how is that determined or enforced?

Email sent w/ proof to pr@fivem.net , enforcement is conducted via the Collective.

1 Like