This is in relation to this post in the development forums: [C#] Unknown error using 'chatMessage'
This bug is very intermittent, but when triggering player client events from a C# server script, the resource crashes with a
RemotingException. At first, it seemed like it was related to the
chatMessage event…but I tried creating a Lua script to capture the chat command, and then triggering a custom server event in my C# script. The error persisted.
The call that it’s failing on is
Player.TriggerEvent, and it happens on
BaseScript.TriggerClientEvent as well.
@BlockBa5her also has had difficulties with this error, and neither of us have found a fix. I’ve also spoken to @Fiskey111, who says he gets it at random times.
The best I can gather is that it occurs when you clear the cache and restart the server for the first time. If you restart the resource 2 or 3 times, the script will work perfectly. Or even if you get the exception, you can restart it once and it will work afterwards.
I’ve confirmed this to be the case in builds 351 and 389…we’re in the process of upgrading to 426 to see if it happens on the newer build as well. This does not appear to be happening with any of our Lua scripts, only the C# ones.
If anyone could take a look, it would be appreciated.
This is a code snippet from one of the affected scripts…it happens whether the
OnChatCommand function is attached to the
chatMessage event, or a custom one.
The exception details are below the code snippet. Let me know if you need any further details.
public class Main : BaseScript
EventHandlers["myResource:OnServerChatCommand"] += new Action<int, string, string>(OnChatCommand);
private void OnChatCommand(int source, string n, string message)
string args = message.Split(' ');
if (args == "/eng")
PlayerList pl = new PlayerList();
Player p = pl[source];
if (p != null)
catch (Exception ex)
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Server for uri '374dca40_09ca_4b7f_a886_a5f2de357ed5/df2c9b5c_5.rem' not found
Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.GetAppDomainTarget () [0x00031] in <fb0d2884a2b44d8db375bbed7cc70740>:0
at (wrapper xdomain-dispatch) CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost:InvokeNative (object,byte&,byte&)
Exception rethrown at :
at (wrapper xdomain-invoke) CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime+WrapScriptHost:InvokeNative (CitizenFX.Core.fxScriptContext&)
at CitizenFX.Core.ScriptContext.InvokeInternal (System.UInt64 nativeIdentifier, CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost scriptHost) [0x0000c] in /src/code/client/clrcore/ScriptContext.cs:168
at CitizenFX.Core.ScriptContext.Invoke (System.UInt64 nativeIdentifier, CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost scriptHost) [0x00000] in /src/code/client/clrcore/ScriptContext.cs:161
at CitizenFX.Core.Native.Function.InvokeInternal (CitizenFX.Core.Native.Hash nativeHash, System.Type returnType, CitizenFX.Core.Native.InputArgument args) [0x00026] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Native.cs:28
at CitizenFX.Core.Native.Function.Call (CitizenFX.Core.Native.Hash hash, CitizenFX.Core.Native.InputArgument arguments) [0x00000] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Native.cs:16
at CitizenFX.Core.Player.TriggerEvent (System.String eventName, System.Object args) [0x0000f] in /src/code/client/clrcore/Server/ServerWrappers.cs:47