(11/11/18) Status Update 1:
- Scripting team setup
- Work on script beginning
- Interface being built
- Finding out about some natives that need new documentation
- Plans for some generic and beautiful models to be released upon launch.
If you want to join in on helping with the project please PM me! The more help the better. We have 3 respected scripters starting work.
Easier to model lightbars
- Limited by amount of extras
- Still using pre-colored textures
- Not able to change light colors on the fly without using another extra in the same place
- Damage sync not working
So we were looking to tackle some of the issues that ELS has
Before we continue, we started looking into this when I saw a video by BXBuggs.
So he should get all credit for discovering how to do this. I simply figured out how he did it and I like sharing with the community.
How EVL works:
- Each “light-head” is a white texture
- Every light is a mod on a car (IE: Front bumper)
- There is a blank model used to switch out the light to
- The modkit is setup as a daytime running light (External ID 0)
- Then (based upon setup) you set the each light to be a “mod color” like how you can change the color of a spoiler and not the car
So in a sense instead of turning extras on and off, you are changing a modkit from ID 1 (light texture aka on) to ID 2 (blank model aka off)
The light textures are white so you can use native GTA color switching to change the color of the light head on the fly
They are also daytime running lights so they look bright from a distance naturally.
- Everything that ELS has
- 36 light heads possible (50 mod types, 14 are engine and wheels and stuff)
- No issues with cars fixing or the door glitch (yea no damage issues)
- Look good from a distance
- Changing light colors on the fly and natively
- Still just as easy for modelers to make (also easy to convert existing cars)
- Still only 36 light heads possible (its still a lot)
- Would not be compatible with ELS cars (still very easy to convert)
We are putting this information out there, not because we are making a script/mod for it.
We are hoping someone wants a fun project and modifies an existing ELS script.
Here is a demo video which we started researching off of:
Github for updates:
- BXBuggs (initial idea)
- @Thero helping R&D