[Project Canceled] New Phone

Hello fellow FiveM’ers!

So, to make a long story short.

Im mid process of making a new phone that relies on layering and Iframes.

Each page being its own html, css, js, client and server code to act as an app, after selecting from the home screen.

I still have a way’s to go before I release it, however if you wanted to read the original topic I made asking for opinions etc, please find that post Here.

I wish for this post to potentially help line up some testers for a bit of pre-release action before we open it up to the wider community.

Again, any 2cents, please use the discussion thread mentioned above.

Holla below if you would like to halp me test for some bananas.

:kiss:

DK

11 Likes

Ill help u send me pm

1 Like

Very nice phone from the other forum post.

Thanks, that was more of a concept design I whipped up with Xara Web Design thanks to humble bundle.

Just redoing from the ground up to put it into practice.

Currently have the base and a template for apps.
Just need to do another week or two while doing that work grind and hopefully it’s in a place I feel comfortable in sharing out.

1 Like

Looks good anyways, what apps will it have when it’s done?

I’m aiming to have the call, message, contact list, bank app and phone settings.

It’ll come with a template to build individual addons than can just snap in, based on JS functions to automatically populate the home screen with png/app added in.

True drag and drop/open source… Or at least. The idea and concept of it.

1 Like

Ok, that’s awesome.

Sign me up brother. Happy to help.

1 Like

Aiming for 30th/31st for open testing.

If I keep getting quiet nights at work… :crossed_fingers:

Anyone else interested, pop a post down and I’ll open the GitHub for a day and DM you all the link.

2 Likes

I would be interested to test it

1 Like

Sounds amazing, hope you’re getting some decent testers out there.

Make sure you have the Github so there’s testing possibilities on live servers

1 Like

I’m getting a few takers, I will need about a week to get it to a point where I can alpha test.

But in terms of where its up too.
It’s just sitting on that private Git, until it’s good to go anyway.

8 Likes

Looking good buddy keep up the great work!

1 Like

Nice work ! if you want some advice I think it would be nice to add a camera and allow to send photos at contacts (This is something that is missing from gcphone)

1 Like

Just le update, got busy with some side projects unrelated to FiveM. Should have an alpha build by Thursday.

2 Likes

Looks promising, nice your already thinking about boilerplate app’s for other players. if you need any assistance with testing glad to help.

Interested to know if it uses vue/react? or even just straight up js?

Best of luck.

1 Like

At the moment, It’s just pure HTML and CSS.

I’ve been meaning to find the time to explore JS frameworks in general, but I think they will just do my head in… (Stronger on the Python and Lua), I’ll try and just stick with vanilla JS and JQuery.

I might give up on having it auto find apps, until either I upskill myself in NodeJS or someone donates a section of code to do so based on client connection to server to alter and insert into the HTML DOM based on the apps/addons it finds within its directory.

1 Like

This looks good! Good luck with this and i will definitely keep my eye on this topic. Really want to see the end result :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looking good man! Cant’ wait till its out

1 Like

Hi all, Sorry for delays.

Got a few weeks inbetween jobs so I’m hoping to get this thing actually working and released.

I’ll be trying to give myself a deadline of the 29th.

2 Likes