Windows 7 support dropped

Due to a bug in Windows 7 that Microsoft is unwilling to fix, conflicting with our loader system, support for Windows 7 on FiveM has officially been dropped.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and recommend upgrading to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, instead.

2 Likes

Here come the angry Win7 fanboys…

2 Likes

Honestly this is for the best, get with the time people.

what about all those old people, cubans, and ethiopians?

maybe not the cubans cuz theyre probably still running XP

2 Likes

Protip: If you don’t like Windows 10’s intrusion, get a Windows 10 N licence. It’s made in accordance with European law and doesn’t come with all the adware the normal editions ships with.

1 Like

You can’t be serious? Is there no way around this problem? I think most of the users still use Windows 7. You will lose a sizeable chunk of your player- and developer base. Please don’t make the same mistakes MTA:SA did…

2 Likes

Read the first post again. This is beyond the control of FiveM. The problem is a bug with Windows 7 and lies in the hands of Microsoft. They are unwilling to fix the bug.

That statement is false.

2 Likes

What does this mean? Because after the last update FiveM works fine on Windows 7 again.

Yeah it’s quite old now, about 6 years or so old, best to update as soon as you can really.

Big mistake. many people are still on windows 7.
fact: most windows users are on Windows 7.
I will not upgrade to windows 8, 8.1, or 10, unless Microsoft greatly improves Windows 10. as of now Windows 10 is a bad OS. i recommend you still release updates just ignore the loader issue. up to now it hasn’t been an issue.

(This is my opinion. you don’t like it, I Don’t care.)

4 Likes

Nice just found this an now they say win 7 support is dropped great i just go play something else.
Not gonna upgrade to windows 10 ever

4 Likes

For fucks sakes, they are still going to update FIveM and it will still maybe work on Windows 7. All they changed is that they now won’t help people who have issues on 7. The game still works, at least for now. It is literally in the thread title “Windows 7 SUPPORT dropped”. So yeah, no reason to leave this. They will still update FiveM, maybe it will still work on Windows 7. They will not help Windows 7 users with their issues, however.

2 Likes

Took the words right outta my mouth, thank you.

May I ask what’s so bad about Windows 10? Out of curiousity really, not forcing you to upgrade…

Well, first of all i don’t like the design. i know it’s not important but yeah. second, it starts up 2x slower than windows 7. on my PC at least. And third, well i can’t think of it now but there’s more i just forget.

1 Like

Oh… right. i didn’t notice. They should clarify to the community. i mean, i know it says it in the title but obviously a lot of people didn’t notice (like me) so they should really clarify. We’ll see i guess… but the fact that they haven’t clarified makes me think they do mean no windows 7 versions anymore.

One of my must-have software applications, Dolby Home Theater v4, does not work on Windows 10 for me. Main reason I definitely will not upgrade at this point.

EDIT: I actually caved and upgraded anyway. Will just have to get used to living without DHT v4 3d virtualization again.

1 Like

Did you consider Windows 8.1?

Nope I think he’s actually right most people with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 is all a waste of RAM and CPU processing shiznut just for the UI, I will defiantly not be updating to any of those OS’s for the simple fact I have too much stuff to get rid of and download again but thanks though, And Good Luck!

2 Likes

There MUST be something wrong with your pc if it starts up 2x slower.

1 Like