Why so many roleplay and drifting servers?

Literally for the last 5 months there have been only drifting and roleplay servers.

Nobody seems to care about other gamemodes (such as racing, CnR (Cops and Robbers), stunting and deathmatch)

and if you don’t know CnR, it’s not your “police roleplay thing” but it’s a mode where (in cars) you chase robbers and you bust them.

edit: i think this mode that i’m talking about is actually Hot Pursuit, CnR might have been a different thing.

yeah i know there is the RottenV mode and the kaner’s tdm mode but the RottenV doesn’t really interest me and the tdm is unfinished to my knowledge

Because people like drifting and role-play servers apparently.

4 Likes

I think I might take a look at making a CnR mode. I’d need some people who would help me with testing though.

1 Like

Ikr? But people like drifting and i guess rp is really fun in GTA SA too where these guys are coming from apperantly. I am drifting too and its alot of fun but i’d like some races too! I started working on a drift/drag server but i’m a big noob so i need help with counter and stuff. I’ve had a lot of fun in SA in CnR servers but i dont know why people dont do the same thing here. We really need some chases in Fivereborn :smiley:

I’m not sure what would be different between Cops & Robbers and Role-playing servers, that typically just focus on Police role-playing to chase other players. Death Match and Stunting can be done with GTA Online, which is probably why people don’t really do that on FR.

If there were more gamemodes available for FR users there might be more gamemodes to play. Many of us don’t know how to script and when we ask question are directed to WiKis and told to figure it out and do it yourself. Players shouldn’t expect others to always make what they want, but that’s just my feeling behind why.

RottenV is pretty cool but GTA isn’t a zombie/survival game so it’s what it is.

I volunteer!
Just add me on steam, and we can talk about it. i’m not always online, though.

RP is also overrated in SAMP too. More like 20 times more than FiverReborn since in SAMP, a server limit can be over 500 players. Besides that, we can slowly notice that some Stunt/Freeroam servers are popping up since the last update. We have just to wait or support the ones trying something different for the community.

By the way, who still play’s SAMP? :smiley:

I feel like reviving this topic since no new gamemodes have popped up to this day…

and yeah, why does like almost every gamemode that was in development get abandoned?

@Mikeeh it is due the lack of people willing to develop together and people expect that 1 developer does all the work :slight_smile:

^^^^^^ or people charging for scripts when its an open source community some bs i say

Mr. Scammer’s CnR = abandoned
Mr. Scammer’s minigames = abandoned
ArtursLV’s race gamemode = quite possibly abandoned?
Kanersps’ TDM = abandoned

2 Likes

i would give you a 1000 likes if i could LOL

because they tend to not get any players involved either unless it’s roleplay or the sorts - the server list isn’t very conducive to anything not roleplay because of the barrage of roleplay servers spammed on it.

I would like to see a CnR but I think most devs are just focused on their own servers, which is mostly roleplay which is unfortunate.

so if you really want to see more gamemodes, tell the scripters that you really want to see it happen!

and please, @Mr.Scammer don’t be like this, you can see plenty of replies on this topic of people wanting more gamemodes!

^ you should do it and make one big resource with everything in it so its compatible with each other

@Mikeeh https://github.com/nynjardin/HotPursuit did you tried this one ?

looks interesting, gonna check it out.

@Streetcorps @mikeeh the garages work but then it doesnt with avails fuel cuz same locations, then the gamemode would be nice but its half coded in Spanish and half in English xD but it does work somewhat didn’t give it a full test but went repaired my car and when race started i crashed but could have been something else like a streaming file that crashed me