What kind of tutorial would you like?

Hi, not sure if this is the correct spot, but I’m almost done with a custom vehicle tutorial on youtube along with the porting over FiveM from gtav mods or a similar website. I would like a list of next projects/projects to prioritize.

• VPS/Dedicated Server FiveM Installation Tutorial
  • LUA scripting tutorial
  • Converting Vehicles Tutorial
  • How to make decent vehicle textures
  • How to install resources.
  • How to properly organize your resources and your server.cfg (I am excited to work on this one soon)
  • How to run multiple fivem servers off a VPS for only 8$ a month!
  • Which operating system to choose when running a FiveM server.

0 voters

Moderators, please assist me if I put this in the wrong section.

Alrighty, Have a good day everybody!

You can find the complete playlist at:
https://goo.gl/GsXcrL
(short URL for statistics, thanks)

-=-=-=-=-=-

It seems alot of you want a scripting tutorial! I’m going to remove that from the poll and start working on it. Just a heads up, its going to be a multi-part extensive tutorial including errors you may receive which means its going to take a little while to make, test, edit, upload and be ready for your viewing pleasure.

In the meantime I can work on other tutorials in the background so vote for the ones you like best and/or suggest new things!

I just posted the last video I will be uploading due to the Doxing of mine and friends of mine personal information by server owners in the community who think the world revolves around themselves. I wanted to finish the project and move on.

1 Like

I realize I may have screwed up. I’m not sure. I’m just trying to gauge interest to see what people want/need. Sorry if I screwed up this section or something.

Id live to learn more on C# coding on FiveM :smiley:

Would love to see the “How to properly organize your resources and your server.cfg”! Cant wait!

I know this is a question aimed towards moderators, but you’d need to make sure you’re keeping it up-to-date to the latest server version. Otherwise people would be downloading outdated servers.

It’s probably best just to link them to the artifacts server and tell them how to go about downloading the needed files and making sure they have the most up-to-date version. That way you’re not updating your ‘server download’ every couple of days.

I don’t really see a reason to upload a server. You should follow what @Indominus said.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses so far!

Just an FYI, it doesn’t help anyone when you click EVERYTHING lol.

@Briglair Can you remove “LUA scripting tutorial” from the poll please?

Can’t :frowning: “You cannot add or remove poll options after the first 5 minutes. You should close this topic and create a new one instead.”

1 Like

I just posted an update to the status of my tutorials. Here is my update:

I just posted the last video I will be uploading due to the Doxing of mine and friends of mine personal information by server owners in the community who think the world revolves around themselves. I wanted to finish the project and move on.

I’m sorry I will not be finishing the series. The videos will become unlisted and the posts removed in one week.

Such a f*cking shame how people try to “be the best” instead of helping one another… Sorry this happened to you :confused:

LUA scripting tutorial most definitely. Not enough here.

could someone give me a hand setting up my sql stuff via teamview?

Is there a tutorial yet on how to properly set peds to ESX police job? I’m having a devil of a time trying to get my custom peds into the job.

Not sure if this is where i should be but i cant get my server to pop up in the server list. I have to direct connect and im trying to grow my server. Can anyone help me?

IMHO it would be interesting to know more about server’s limitations, like roughly :

1. How many concurrent createThread can be run simultaneously ?
  2. How many resources can be loaded on server approximatively ?
  3. How many objects / vehicles / peds / etc can be safely put in the same area ?
  4. How many overlay maps (e.g. like the one which modifies Paleto Beach for example) can be loaded at the same time ?

That can of things, and more.
That’s roughly to evaluate what can be done without ending up lagging, providing bad player experience or having server crash.

Another useful developer resource would be to add more documentation to FiveM Native reference because literally when one starts, (s)he has to try almost everything manually. Ok, sometimes function names are self-explanatory, but I feel like if people who already used them would document them, the whole community could benefit from it.

p.s : and yes, I’ve seen that there’s the option to add documentation details already :wink:

I’d really love a tutorial on how to use CEF or NUI or what’s used for in game visual interfaces etc

can someone help me, how do i put one just below this sentence? on the LUA scripting please
FiveM - TESTSERV 22_01_2020 10_13_22 (2) ● TEXT.lua - Visual Studio Code 22_01_2020 10_17_20 (2)
can someone help me, how do i put one just below this sentence? on the LUA scripting please!