What is FiveM?

Hi everyone,

I have heard about FiveM for some time now and seen its popularity grow through work (I work for a GSP) but im not really sure what can be done with FIveM.

Do you have access to everything you would with GTA online? eg missions, heists etc etc?

Can som one just give me a rundown on what you can do with FiveM before i install it please.

No, FiveM does not implement any of the “GTA:Online” missions and heists. FiveM only provides you with empty map and provide network capabilities (using the networking code of GTA:O)

FiveM provides you a toolset aswhere you can make these missions and heists and of course plenty more stuff.
FiveM allows you to use so called “native functions”, functions that exist in the GTA 5 game code. Using these native you can manipulate GTA 5 in doing what you want using the FiveM supported languages (Lua and C#).

Here is a list of all the functions you can call. (nothing is set in stone, take the descriptions with a grain of salt);
https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/reference.html

In the resource development section are plenty examples and guides on how to get started if you are interested.

I’m not really looking to do any coding as don’t have the time to. Would I have to install additional mods for fivem or is it ready to go sort of thing?

Install FiveM and you are good to go. You can join any server you want, mods installed on the server will automatically be downloaded from the server. Just installing FiveM is all you need todo.

1 Like