Waiting for game to shut down... Let's auto reconnect

The longer FiveM is up the longer it takes for the game to shut down. If FiveM must shut down the game every time before rejoining a server, after an unexpected disconnect. Should it not shut down the game on first disconnect? Allowing it to reconnect in an instant, rather than waiting for human input. Perhaps paving the way to a full auto reconnect, a feature the internet embraces completely, yet multiplayers seem to ignore. Except IV:MP, its one redeeming feature. Seamless auto reconnect. That’s QoL. Let’s auto reconnect.

No? How long FiveM is up does not affect how long it takes for it to shut down. That doesn’t make sense.

Huh? You expect it to know what server you want to join?

You keep mention reconnecting, but why would you want to reconnect to a server you just disconnected from? Either I’m not reading this correctly and not getting the proper suggestion or you’re being really vague about this.

why would you want to reconnect to a server you just disconnected from?
1 Problems with session.
2 Resetting something in your client state, from scripts to game itself.
3 Testing something.

1 Like

The standard disconnect I experience on Fivem in the “Owndkek” disconnect. It is an involuntary loss of connection disconnect as a result of time out, or client freeze timeout. No one would ask for auto reconnect on voluntary disconnect, you are correct that would be pointless. But on auto reconnect It would of course rejoin the last server it has just disconnected from.

So on timeout disconnect, which happens quite frequently to me, It would with my first wish shutdown the game automatically, because there is no reason not to. And it would do this to make a human triggered auto rejoin that much quicker, because yes quite often if fivem has been up 12 hours+ it will not shutdown the game quickly, taking several minutes to shutdown. And with my second wish, It would in fact auto rejoin the server it had been set to stay on before a timeout caused a disconnect.

1 Like

Spoiler: it already does. This taking a longer time than it takes you to click a server is the only reason you’d see the ‘waiting…’ message.

If it really takes that long to shut down for you, maybe post a log file so we can see on what component it’s taking that long.

1 Like

It really does take several minutes to never most times, and while i would suspect it is low ram in the face of an ever increasing load, and a slow hard drive, I will try to post a log here if that helps.

1 Like