vSync (v1.4.0) | Simple weather and time sync

Whenever I change the time, it works but every 10 sec it is returning to the old time for 0,5 seconds and then back to what I had set, and does it over and over again.
Any solutions?

On the latest version the weather does not change properly? It says in chat ‘Weather changed to : Rain.’ but no rain. Its like this for all of them (I’m using a vanilla copy)

Weather does change properly for me.

Ill play around with it. Its actually a client side issue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ive not had this issue, any repro for this? Try a fresh server to make sure it’s not another resource conflicting.

I didn’t change anything regarding the setting of weather… just added a transition but after that 15s transition it should Still set the weather the same as the previous version.

Yeah script was fine. I reverted it to find it was a client side issue.

1 Like

Well for starters you don’t even have vSync installed xD

True btw, because i deleted it lol. Just imagine that I did have it XD

1 Like

Is there any way to slow the rate that time passes without freezing it?

1 Like

Nope. I probably won’t implement this either. As it’ll cause even more visual glitches on certain clients.

Okay, so I know I have to change the admins in the vs_server.lua but where do I find my steam thing and licenselua - Notepad

(That’s the default text at the top of the file)

3 Likes

Refer to this Here

Hello,
Whenever I load into the server the screen flickers and when I uninstall this script it seems to stop.
I’m not sure whats doing this but i think it has something to do with the time being frozen even though I haven’t set /freezetime and when I want to change the time it says it works but the time never changes and the sky keeps flickering.

Do you have another time script running? Or maybe a client trainer that changes the time? Or any visual (enhancement) mods?

Ok, somehow I had an old timesync script in the [test] file. I removed that and it seems to be ok now.
I also figured out what the issue with the vBasic script was, i removed all the boxes that contained instructions and info and just left the convars below the license convar. thanks for the help :slight_smile:

im not getting in errors on server launch, but the game is having a screen flash issue… its almost like a lightning strike but its happening every 10 secs or so even in clear skies

1 Like

Great use! Great work!! & great share!!! Thank you so much for this release…

I have a small problem i put my steamid64 in the vs_server.lua but when i try the command it says “You do not have permission for that command”

It’s not SteamID64 thats why. When you join your server check console and it will print the steamid you need.