vSync (v1.4.0) | Simple weather and time sync

Do you have multiple folders for the resource? Or did one of the files get corrupted? Have you tried to remove the vSync files from the server cache?

I have a fresh install of the FiveM Server, downloaded the server and vSync a couple of hours ago.
I’ve tried removing the files from the cache multiple times

Are you installing vSync inside a folder called vSync? (/resources/vsync/vsync/ ?) If so, move everything from the second folder into the first one.

That must’ve been it, it works now.
Thanks!

I shouldn’t be using a custom chat resource. When I type for example “/weather extrasunny” it says “Error: You do not have permissions to be using this command.” so its something to do with the identifiers. should I try the steam hex. also where would I get a license.

To my understanding it must be a SteamHex, Licence, or IP (IP not recommended)

Exactly what he said :arrow_up_small:.

Look for a resource on the forums called “WhatsMyId”. Put that on your server, join it and then check the server console for all your identifiers.

1 Like

Hi.

Is there anyway to make xmas default when server restarts?

-Ralf

Set CurrentWeather in line 39 of vs_server.lua from ExtraSunny to XMAS. I believe.

1 Like

@Vespura, Just an idea but you could use a service like https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/ for real time weather updates. Might be cool for some rp servers or w.e.

1 Like

Sure that’s possible, however isn’t there already a script that does exactly that?

Hey Vespura!
Is there any way to change not just the time, but the year and the month as well?

Thanks for this amazing resource!

Yes it is. But you have to set the day too.

If you run https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/reference.html#_0xB096419DF0D06CE7 before an TimeOverride it will change on the next client tick permanently to that date.

Well not with this resource, as of yet.

1 Like

thanks for this tip, really appreciated!

vSync v1.4.0

This update adds the PR from @zr0iq.
What’s new? Well:

• Time is now synced to GTA:O time by default. However you can still change it like you’re used to.

Download here or here: vSync-1.4.0.zip (9.4 KB)

1 Like

I have a server for just me and a few friends to mess around on and currently we just use the Lambda menu to change the time to night or whatever at the same time if we want something different. I put vSync in and it loads and everything but when I change the weather or the time it gives the message saying it is changed but nothing actually changes for anyone. And we tried using Lambda to change to night and it would go to night for a second and then revert back to whatever it was before.
I dont have any other time/weather scripts in

Are you getting any errors in the console? When you have a script like this in, you cannot change time client side, it wont let you. Change the time/weather and press F8 to see if you get any errors and post them…

Sounds Sexy.

(20 cha)

Oh ok, I think I was just dumb thats all. I had taken permissions out and tried changing time/weather in game with the default chat and with the F8 and both had the same result I mentioned above. I just put it back in and used IceCon to change time and it seems to have worked. Ill test again when the other want to play to make sure its working on their end but its probably fine

when we join the server with this the light and sun like flash on our screens … any help?