vRP 0.0.0.0 in vrp_users when connecting without steam open

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version?
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? No
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications i7-7700k, 16GB DDR4 3gHz, GTX1080ti-11gb-oc, 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD,
What did you do to get this issue? attempt to connect to my server without steam running in background
What server did you get this issue on? Frontier RPS (vRP base)
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

Any client attempting to connect to my server without steam running causes the clients user information to obtain an IP address of 0.0.0.0 in the sql (@SQL/database/vrp_users). This issue is reproduced across all clients whether or not they have been on the server before. If they currently have a character, vrp changes the IP of their character to 0.0.0.0. If they are new to the server, it sets it to 0.0.0.0 as well. If they close fivem, open steam, relaunch fivem, and connect to my server, they still connect under 0.0.0.0 IP until the server is restarted.

I have a protection in place that prevents clients from connecting without steam open by stopping them before they get to my loading screen but the blank IP is still entered into the sql. as i said, the problem corrects itself after a server restart but i obviously cant do that every time someone connects without steam open.

I am willing to test to see if eliminating Steam authentication will have an effect. This is not the preferred method but if it works for now, I can deal with it until i get the issue resolved. I have tried hashing out the following lines in my server.cfg but the problem persists:
sv_authMaxVariance 1
sv_authMinTrust 5

At this point, the only other thing I can think of to do would be to manually enter an IP ban for 0.0.0.0 as well as a steam ID ban to whatever IP/steam id is being associated with the 0.0.0.0 accounts. Any input or assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

try to remove the script and use this anticheat that let only players with steam [vRP] [ESX] AntiCheat for FiveM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.