Voice chat

For someone reason everytime people tallked all it dose is break up and i cant uderstand a word there saying help please

1 Like

Afaik, the inbuilt voice chat isnt really supported by FiveM and it had been said to try and implement an alternative, more reliable voice chat system to combat the issues the inbuilt one has.
I cant really help you with your issue, but i thought i’d say that its best to look for an alternative.

SO what should i do

So whats the alternative

I’ve seen a server use Teamspeak as their ingame voice chat, but I don’t think their script is public. Best thing I could suggest is trying a WebRTC implementation, but I haven’t seen any public scripts for it, so you would have to give it a go yourself.

1 Like

The reason why this is happening is due too “packet loss”. Meaning the network wasn’t able to receive a packet. And audio
streams are sensitive to packets loss causing the communication too become incomprehensible

This can happen for a wide variety of reasons, packet reached TTL, packet got dropped due to network issues etc. There also have been cases where packets get dropped by the receiving client, also the cause of the horrible desync we had a couple of versions ago.

As @alberto2345 said, either live with it or use a custom solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.