Voice Chat Turning into Mono Audio (Only Hearing From One Side)

Hi There,
I am experiencing a problem with voice chat where the audio stream of the person talking turns into a Mono audio stream and you can only hear them through either one side of the headphones.
Sometimes you can’t hear them at all unless you move your mouse to an angle they can hear you.
I have attached a video below to demonstrate this problem

I am running server version 651(On Linux (Debian 8)) and have also tested a few older versions and the problem is still apparent.
This issue was also tested on a barebones vanilla server (with no plugins) and it was still apparent.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6aRAJ4XbtA&feature=youtu.be
I was running vVoice so that the graphical Ui will show how the Audio cuts in and out when moving the mouse.

Thankyou

Isn’t this just the 3D audio that’s inside the experimental mumble feature?

Plot twist, it is :open_mouth:

Is there a way to disable the 3d audio?

3d audio is one of the reasons mumble is being implemented, so no, there is not.

So the alternative is to stop using an Aurum Club Key?

Disable mumble simply… But anyway one day mumble will be implemented on all servers so you’ll have to learn to live with it, tbh it makes everything better as it gives the feeling of being into the game while playing it.

Yeah it is quite good, waiting on a reply from any of the elements to see what the go is

Yeah it was terribly buggy when I tried it, to disable it remove the mumble line from components.json.
If you’ve got linux its located in FXServer/alpine/opt/cfx-server.

The mumble feature is automatically enabled when you donate to their patreon!

1 Like