vMenu

Is there a way to update without having everyone lose their ped/vehicle saves?

Yes, just update. Nobody will lose anything. As it’s all saved on the player’s computer instead of on your server.

Couldn’t load resource vMenu. I install vMenu with a guide. The console shows that vmenu has started, but fivem show error!

1 Like

Which guide did you follow exactly?

Are you using trainerv by any chance? The hotkeys get a little strange if you take that plugin to FiveM.

Hey so just wondering if its possible to get it so when i add in someone to beable to use the menu and restart the resource if the update can be live so they can start using it or stop its hard to remove a admin for abuse of the ban system when u need to reboot the server for it to take effect ya know?

You have to delete the cache and restart the WHOLE server. not just the resource.

Taken back Could of sworn it did my bad lol

Only way to do this if you manually executed the permission commands in the server console, then reloaded the resource. Which is not recommended by the way.

Because this uses the default permissions system, there’s no way for the resource to know if permissions in the file have changed, because those permissions (by default) are only loaded on server start (you execute the permissions.cfg at every server start).

Nope, no need to clear the cache. Only need to restart the server.

No this won’t work, see reasons explained above.

You can still ban an admin using vMenu. Just don’t give the ‘don’t ban me’ permissions. Though I think that’s not what the original question was about. I think he just wanted to demote an admin, not ban them per se.

To add on this: next update will have a server command to ban and unban players. This command will override any ‘don’t ban me’ permissions so you (the server owner (who should be the only one to have server console access anyway)) will always be able to ban anyone no matter what permissions.

1 Like

Hey, this might be a stupid question but idk… how would i be able to remove voice chat in vMenu since currently we have two voice chat and id like to disable vmenus one for everyone.

Hey Vespura is there a way to change the default voice proximity? Without decompiling?

Hey @IamDodler, I had a similar problem. Try going into the cache folder and deleting the vMenu folder in there. Then restart your server and your issue should be solved.

Not possible since settings are cross-server.

Like the other 900 replies about this same question: simply disable all permissions for the voice chat menu.

Look in the topic. I’m not answering this again.

Why would you decompile it in the first place, if there’s this place called “GitHub” containing all source code (including useful comments), downloads, documentation and more…

Hey @Vespura, I cant seem to use my leftAlt keybind action after I add your menu. Do you know what may be conflicting with this in the menu?

I tried debugging but leftAlt doesn’t register at all :confused:

Cheers.

Left alt is not used by this menu. Must be another resource conflicting.

Oh ok, very strange tho as it works when I comment out vMenu in the server.cfg and stops working when uncomment it, before starting the server…

Thanks anyway, i’ll look into it more.

Hi there Vespura and thanks so much for the great resource. We’ve been loving the improved function over Mello. I have a question about the menu that you might be able to answer. Forgive me if this has been answered in the topic, I haven’t made it through the 900 responses :wink:

Can we add menu categories and entries to the menu? I’d love to be able to pare down the shocking number of individual menus that common fivem servers have and migrate them to vMenu.

If that’s not possible at the time, is it something that might show up down the road?

Regardless of the answer, thanks so much for your effort and sharing of the resource!

Not possible atm as there’s no (reasonable) way to dynamically create buttons and menus and have custom code be triggered through a config file or whatever. It needs to be compiled because it’s c#.

Could possibly add a “custom menu” that you can add your own buttons to which will trigger a custom event, allowing you to listen for the event in another resource and act based on that event and take action in that other resource.

1 Like