vMenu

The Perms Are Seriously Messed up like anyone can kick @Vespura Using the default settings. even when they are denied they can still kick. and even when the whole line of code is deleted they can still kick. Needs a fix ASAP

3 Likes

Are you granting any .All permissions? Because if so the individual permissions will be ignored

3 Likes

People could do it with your permmisson.cfg file in the download

2 Likes

Uhm, weird. Because I really can’t when I don’t add myself as moderator/admin.
Default perms file:

# Online Players
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.All" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Teleport" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Waypoint" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Spectate" allow
# only allow moderators + admins to use these:
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Summon" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Kill" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Kick" allow
2 Likes

Just to clarify where does that code go?

1 Like

in permissions.cfg, in the same folder as your server.cfg file is located. Then at the very top of your server.cfg file put: exec permissions.cfg

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I have done. Do I still keep the permission.cfg file in the config file of the main resource? As well as the one with the server cfg

1 Like

I think i’m in the same situation as dandaginger_123 I’ve followed the direction, yet my permissions are not specific.

2 Likes

I’ve just tested it on my side, and it suddenly broke. I honestly do not know why because it was working fine when i used the same exact files yesterday? I’m extremely confused but I’ll investigate.

The weird thing is: enabling se_debug in the console shows that the aces are registered correctly and that they are being detected as DENY. So the resource “reads” it as “not allowed”…

2 Likes

Very undertandable, hehe everything I work on ends this way ;D

2 Likes

Alright glad it’s not just me being stupid.

3 Likes

I have a feeling something to do with the clientside saving? Just a shoot in the dark really :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i found the issue. Will patch it asap. For now: remove ANY .All permissions from your config and just manually add each permission. That should solve it.
@ArmAGawD @Element_55

2 Likes

Ok… any eta on the patch? Sorry to be pushy

Shouldn’t take that long. Working on it now.

2 Likes

Thanks man much appreciated. People where spamming my discord saying they are getting kicked. Quite annoying when you have 25 people on the server.

Anyway thanks for finding the fix.

For now though, just remove any .All permissions like i said.

2 Likes

Update

Found and crushed a :bug: in the .All permissions setup.
You don’t need to redo your permissions when updating to this version, just replace all other files and restart the server.

vMenu-v1.0.1.zip (428.6 KB)

(re-uploaded due to corrupted zip files)

3 Likes

Bad zip :stuck_out_tongue:

what?
Can you not open the zip file? I can… Try the github one?

1 Like