vMenu

Amazing work, the UI looks nice as well :joy:

8 Likes

Ok, I’ve taken a new server, just installed this script, and used the following for the “permissions.cfg” in the same directory as the server.cfg. Using the following turns on EVERYTHING for ALL users despite only having two options defined.

######## Add players to groups ########
# Admin group players:
# add_principal identifier.steam:110000105959047 group.admin
# Moderator group players:
# add_principal identifier.license:4510587c13e0b645eb8d24bc104601792277ab98 group.moderator

## Setup group inheritance, it's probably best you don't touch this unless you know what you're doing.
add_principal group.admin group.moderator

## Setup Permissions

# Global Permissions
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.Everything" deny
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.DontKickMe" allow

# Misc Settings
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.MiscSettings.Menu" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.MiscSettings.All" allow

So items not even listed, appear and are useable by everyone. Now I can turn off everything which just leaves the About info if I use just the following. So one works how it’s suppose to, but the other doesn’t.

######## Add players to groups ########
# Admin group players:
# add_principal identifier.steam:110000105959047 group.admin
# Moderator group players:
# add_principal identifier.license:4510587c13e0b645eb8d24bc104601792277ab98 group.moderator

## Setup group inheritance, it's probably best you don't touch this unless you know what you're doing.
add_principal group.admin group.moderator

## Setup Permissions

# Global Permissions
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.Everything" deny
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.DontKickMe" allow
7 Likes

Not yet, this will be added in the future though.

In all excitement, i completely forgot to mention the controls :man_facepalming:. I’ve just added them to the bottom of the original post. (m on keyboard, or hold down the switch camera / select button on controller for about 1 second, just like you would open the interaction menu in gta online)

Will be added in the future.

That’s very strange, I’ve tested this myself thouroughly and I’ve always managed to set it up just fine, can all of you who are having issues with permissions pm me your server.cfg and permissions.cfg file?

8 Likes

Just A Suggestion to make adding admins and mods a little easier. What about having a command to add them?

7 Likes

How would you save it though? You can’t just override the permissions.cfg file… having a command would only work while the server is on, after restarting it would be reset.

Besides, the aces permissions setup is already a command. Just type in the server console or if you gave yourself access to all commands, just in chat/f8 console:

/add_ace identifier.[steam|license]:<identifier> <permission> allow
4 Likes

Ahh Shit. Alright i guess i will use that then

4 Likes

This was a special request by one of our members:

The ability to teleport to special map locations, such as the garages and building interiors.

Also, just for my own sake, seeing some prop stuff would be cool.

4 Likes

This is amazing, well done.

5 Likes

Suggestion:

Having an admin kick, freeze, bring, teleport and other options built in. I feel like this would make the menu 100% bootiful.

4 Likes

Suggestion: read the OP again!

Already a thing :roll_eyes::man_facepalming:, only the freezing doesn’t exist. How many times are you going to request already existing features whenever I release a new script?

6 Likes

Might add this later :+1:t2:

4 Likes

But it’s not stated, my bad then. Jeez

5 Likes

Yes it is…

4 Likes

Alright thanks :confused:

5 Likes

Holyyyy Molyyy This is just WOW. Ive been dreaming of this all my life. haha But yeah A very very very BIG Thanks to you for releasing this to us. You rock! Looks really nice and well constructed and with permission too Damnnn Im in love :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just know players have to rejoin for their permissions to update. Also, using that command will reset itself once the server restarts :wink: hence you should just use the permissions.cfg as that runs those commands as soon as the server starts.

4 Likes

Love it so far, M key does Suck, Use F1 considering it will replace the lamda trainer, a few things I would like to see is The camera views, and Locations you can telleaport 2,like Lambda does. I almost replaced Lamda till I noticed these 3 things missing. Great work so far,no bugs to report.

6 Likes

I do agree, I can see a lot of people wanting to change it to replace the Lambda menu. I feel like one day this will be default in the server.zip.

3 Likes

ohhh hell yeah,and I can use my controller to use it,

4 Likes

The camera option is very important to anyone that uses a police helicopter, lets me control the angle of the rear view of the copter with out the snap back high angle GTA wants me to use.

5 Likes