vMenu

Thanks I figured it out

Hey Vespura, i have a an issue in regards to permissions for certain groups.

So i have a “dealer” permission for our “cert-dealers” on the server to have access to the addon’s menu to spawn all cars.

Basically if i set the group to add_ace group.dealer to addon menu it stops the group.admin from using just that menu, If i set it to group.admin it doesn’t allow group.dealer to use it. I have tried changing these permission’s to suit the group.dealer needs but no luck so far.

add_ace builtin.everyone “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Menu” allow
add_ace group.admin “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.All” allow
add_ace builtin.everyone “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.DisableReplacePrevious” allow
add_ace group.admin “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.SpawnByName” allow
add_ace group.admin “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Addon”

These above are what we use now

add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.All" allow
add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.SpawnByName" allow
add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Addon"

These are what we tried

Any idea’s would be grateful.

@RageYT’s issue were resolved in PM’s. For whatever reason their steam ID identifier did not work when adding to the group.admin group, while other identifiers worked without a problem.

Seems very obvious to me that if you set something for group.admin, you can use it if you’re in the group.admin group. then if you remove it from group.admin and set it to group.dealer, then obviously you can’t use it as an admin anymore if you haven’t setup group inheritance for group.dealer > group.admin.

All you need to do is setup group inheritance, or add the permission to both groups, or add players to both groups. The first of those 3 options is the best one, and done like this:

add_principal group.admin group.dealer
1 Like

Oh i didn’t know you could do two groups so lemme get this right before i mess up lol

Like this add_principal identifier.steam:steamhexhere. group.admin group.dealer #Wack

and set the perms as these:

add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.All" allow
add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.SpawnByName" allow
add_ace group.dealer"vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Addon"

no, that’s not how you do that.

literally just copy the line i gave you, and paste that below this line:

add_principal group.admin group.moderator

so you end up with:

add_principal group.admin group.moderator # group.admin gets group.moderator rights
add_principal group.admin group.dealer # group.admin gets group.dealer rights
1 Like

Right okay, then i can setup the perms as group.dealer or group.admin and it will work

Hey. When i go in to noclip i start to fall downwards (slowly) if i use a MP character. Any fix??? @Vespura

Hey man, is there any possibility of having an option to make it possible to spawn saved vehicles from any category regardless of whether the user has permission to spawn that category through the vehicle spawner?

For example, spawning emergency vehicles is disabled for everyone, but if they have one saved they could still spawn it.

I know this seems like a dumb feature but it happens to be what my server needs right now lol

So basically if someone saved every vehicle in the game, that’d mean they would be allowed to spawn any vehicle even if those vehicles are not allowed to be spawned normally…?

1 Like

Yeah I told you it’s a dumb idea haha :sweat_smile:

Basically my issue is I have a non economy vehicle garage system that is location based, and you can’t spawn saved vehicles from it, but I need to disable vehicle spawner so people have use the garages.

Actually, The best solution would be if I could restrict saved vehicles from being spawned except at these locations. I should have just asked about that!

How do I get the addon cars to spawn and be listed in VMenu???

That’d be (relatively) an insane amount of work, for something that’s going to be an absolute pain for server owners to even setup.

Also this doesn’t really suit the ‘features should be useful on most servers/gametypes’.

I don’t know, maybe reading the docs and putting some effort into things before just assuming others will do it for you.

1 Like

Hello Vespura,

I am very delighted of what you were able to come up with. Now, here’s my question:

Is there a way to have the same system as the lambda menu, where you can add the script to fivem and use it throughout any server of your choice? Or must it be individually established in each server? I hate to join a server and be ‘kicked’ for not having a different skin without any pre-assigned menu being placed in.

also, have tried lambda menu, and I know your menu is much better as:

1. very responsive
  2. controls that were chosen are really good
  3. doesn’t crash when you spawn in a vehicle.
  4. many more commands.

i’d be delighted for your response.

No, not possible. This is a server side resource, which cannot be installed on the client.
Saved vehicles, saved peds/mp characters, etc are all shared across all servers that use vMenu. (if the server owner set it up properly that is anyway).

Seems like it’s not worth your time playing on such server if they’re that retarded then.

1 Like

probably right, thanks in advance.

I have but it wont work, all I asked was how to do it not for someone to do it for me. Thanks for being an ass tho… You’re a great person…

You’re welcome, and no you didn’t read the docs. Or you would’ve found it for sure. Not even typed in addons.json into the search bar either.

Not sure if this was asked already? We use vMenu for our community, but I seem to be the only person in the community that it won’t work for? I have tried different keybinds, as well as a fresh install of FiveM/GTAV, and still no luck. Anybody know what could be causing this, or how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Any errors in your client console/log?

Lmfao I actually figure the fucking shit out my self… But there isnt that much shit to go by on the fucking forums…