vMenu

Nope that won’t be possible for the same reason vehicle permissions aren’t going to be added because it’s a pain (nearly impossible) to do if i want to create dynamic enums for this.

Though why would I change the “real” names for some “character name” that doesn’t even match any internal code at all? Except for the enum list in the API, which I still don’t know why they chose those names instead of the real models.

And there’s no way to “get” a display name from some ped model so yeah that’s not going to be possible to do dynamically either by allowing server owners to specify names using labels or something.

Could be, but then nobody would be able to use those mods. What it sounded like to me was that those specific mods where only limited for some players/groups though i might be wrong on that?

You’re probably not executing the permissions.cfg (correctly or at all). You’re most likely getting the ‘vMenu is setup to ignore permissions’ warning in the server console too.

so i didnt like the keybinding to be M to pull up the menu and i have tried to go into the configs to change it to F5 but it still pops up M anyone know

Exactly the same thing for you @Dmi_Shaw

sir so how do i fix that and where

I believe I am, where should I be putting the permission.cfg?

I was in a sever using vMenu and when I went to apply Engine Mod level 4 or 5, I was greeted with a warning right above the minimap that stated “you are not an admin”.

That could be another resource, or they may have edited vMenu.

You can put it in the same folder where your server.cfg is, and then make sure this is in your server.cfg (in this specific order):

exec permissions.cfg
start vMenu

or, leave it in the /resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg location and make sure to add this to your server.cfg (in this specific order):

exec /resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg
start vMenu

Same for you @Dmi_Shaw, make sure to place the cfg in the correct folder and make sure the exec command is correct.

for both of you: docs.vespura.com/vmenu/installation shows everything you need to know… it’s really simple if you read the docs.

1 Like

i did that and nothing still pops up at M not f5

yeah, it is still not working

What server artifacts version are you guy using? @Michsel_S & @Dmi_Shaw

(Type version in the server console/rcon)

zap i think

are you changing it in the config or in the server cfg.
it needs to be changed in the server.

server

It still says that is set up to ignore permissions.

Does Anyone Know How To Add More Sub-Menus Onto vMenu? I Need One For The Framework Of My Sever! Any Help Is Much Appreciated.

Do you get a message saying permissions are ignored?

Then your permissions.cfg is not being executed somehow, double check the file path.

No this is not supported, you should create your own menu instead of editing vMenu, because you won’t be able to update easily anymore.

So, This is in the CFG

exec /resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg
start vMenu

Scripts are above and below that.
The permission.cfg is in the folder path

resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg

Try without the leading /. Because right now you’re executing it in a non existing folder it seems.

leading in front of “resources”?