vMenu

basically i made the menu staff only now, but when someone who is not staff presses “m” it says something like noclip is enabled, but it does not enable it, i have completely disabled noclip, even removed the keybind for nocip and it still does it.

I am also trying to make it so Moderators only have access to the Online Players menu, but then i do not want them to be able to “kill” people or “ban” either “ban temp or perm” or “print identities” but everything else in the Online Players menu they can have access to

Everything else in the menu i want Admins only to have access to, if this is possible please

Summary:
Admins access to everything on the menu
Moderators: Only Online Players menu and Banned Players list - but they not allowed the “kill” or “ban” options

Is this possible please?

Fixed that, that was indeed a bug. Thanks for letting me know. Will be solved in the next update. But since it doesn’t actually open the menu it’s not that big of a problem so it doesn’t require a hotfix. However, feel free to download the beta version of vMenu if you can’t wait.

Simply remove the vMenu.OnlinePlayers.All permission from moderators, then give the permissions that you want them to have one by one.

Just give admins vMenu.Everything if you want them to have everything.

i have it working for admins, but for some reason it is still not working for moderators they are still able to see eveything, is there anyway you could put together something to show me please? it would be highly appreciated!

##############################
#    ONLINE PLAYERS MENU     #
##############################
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.All" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Teleport" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Waypoint" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Spectate" allow

# Moderators & admins only:
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Summon" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Kill" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Kick" allow
# Tempban allows bans up to 30 days, which is enough for moderators.
# Mods can also see the banned players list but will not be able to unban players.
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.TempBan" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.ViewBannedPlayers" allow

# Admins are allowed to ban players permanently and also unban players.
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Identifiers" allow
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.PermBan" allow
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Unban" allow

that’s just the default section, replace those builtin.everyone's with group.moderator and remove the kick, kill and ban lines from moderators (just comment them out).

awesome thank you, will give it a shot, with giving admins everything would i need to do this
add_ace group.admin " `vMenu.Everything" allow ?

update:
Moderator still has access to everything on the menu except “online players” the part he needs haha, do you have a Discord or way i can message you by any chance ?

Seems as if the noclip hotkey is enabled even tho I have it hashed out #

@kevin101 noclip is enabled unless you remove the permission. Adding a # in front of the noclip key config option won’t do anything as it’ll just use the default, which is F2.

@GamingWithJosh well i just copied the default server.cfg ‘online players’ section. nothing related to the other stuff. Really it’s not that hard, try the permissions generator if you really can’t work it out. I don’t make full configs for people. I’ve documented everything, if there’s bugs or things not working i’m happy to look into it, but I won’t be spending the rest of my free time making configs for everyone since I’ve already put all my time into making this and documenting it. As for discord, check my site.

1 Like

Oh jeesus no clip must have been on for everyone… Thanks I hashed out the permissions which I did not see, cringe… Perhaps set that to moderator as default idk…

Thanks as always!

For some reason i have this add_ace builtin.moderator “vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Menu” allow but yet Mods are still not able to see the “Online Players” menu, i also have all the other .menu things as false but yet they can still see the other ones

Idk its been mentioned or not but the menu seems to be broken on 21:9 monitors! it might just be me but it works in 16:9 the second I put it in 21:9 the menu breaks

just wanted to let someone know :slight_smile:

@minibricks yes that’s known. And the solution has been mentioned multiple times. Either switch aspect ratios or set the menu to left alig. The latter is supported on ultra wide aspect ratios. The right aligned menu is not because gta natives don’t support this when aligning text to the safe zone size. It just randomly breaks. So I can’t fix this either.

Try using set-params with the width of your text for each draw. :open_mouth:

Don’t really feel like messing with that atm. There’s already a temporary workaround added to MenuAPI that will just automatically left-align the menu if those (currently) unsupported aspect ratios are being used. It’s just not in the GitHub release of vMenu, but you can use vMenu’s beta build if you want to have that.

Alright thanks for the reply have a happy holidays

1 Like

not working for me

Loaded Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed into ScriptDomain_449641482
error in mono_error_set_method_load: Could not find method with signature string

Failed to instantiate instance of script vMenuServer.MainServer: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method 'CitizenFX.Core.Debug.WriteLine' not found.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00002] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00014] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceMono (System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x000a8] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00009] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00027] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00020] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at CitizenFX.Core.InternalManager.CreateAssemblyInternal (System.Byte[] assemblyData, System.Byte[] symbolData) [0x00069] in C:\gl\builds\4ff63adb\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\InternalManager.cs:78
error in mono_error_set_method_load: Could not find method with signature string

Failed to instantiate instance of script vMenuServer.UpdateChecker: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method 'CitizenFX.Core.Debug.WriteLine' not found.
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine] (TStateMachine& stateMachine) [0x0002c] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at vMenuServer.UpdateChecker.CheckUpdates () [0x0001b] in <3b17a086d2554187a5599f851b47acfd>:0
  at vMenuServer.UpdateChecker..ctor () [0x00006] in C:\projects\vmenu\vMenuServer\UpdateChecker.cs:24
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00002] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00014] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceMono (System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x000a8] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00009] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00027] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00020] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0
  at CitizenFX.Core.InternalManager.CreateAssemblyInternal (System.Byte[] assemblyData, System.Byte[] symbolData) [0x00069] in C:\gl\builds\4ff63adb\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\InternalManager.cs:78

why facepalm im not sure what i did wrong.
and im still kinda new to fivem

can anyone plz help me with this?

If you would have some patience… I’m not awake 24/7…

Anyway, update your server. Your server is outdated.

update my server? i just got from the fivem website

Well you got an outdated one then.