vMenu

so i have zap server but for some reason when i change the keys to open the menu it dident work to change it in the file called permissions.cfg but i had to add this to coed to the server.cfg

setr vmenu_menu_toggle_key 57
setr vmenu_noclip_toggle_key 344

but do i need to put all the stuff in the permissions.cfg file in to the server.cfg to work??

Then I can’t help you. If you can’t find a simple thing in the permissions file then this might not be suited for you to configure.

No just put it in the permissions.cfg like it is by default. Works fine. Use the auto installer if you can’t figure it out.

I used the auto installer, but everything inside the file permissions.cfg I had to put into the file server.cfg to make it work

The menu wont open for me… images of fivem:

@godgutten I have the same problem. What and how did you put that in the server.cfg? Like where in the server.cfg did you put it?

This is extremely unlikely, unless the installer somehow broke or you changed something about vMenu’s default configuration.

I’ve had a lot of people tell me it works fine without any problems. I’ll ask around to make sure but it currently sounds like you accidentally messed something up.
Just make sure the execute command and filepath are correct in the server.cfg, there should be absolutely no reason why the permissions.cfg wouldn’t be working but the server.cfg would. That doesn’t make any sense at all.

I would need a client log for this (CitizenFX.log), screenshots of your client files won’t help me much.

You don’t need to move it to the server.cfg. Just leave everything in the permissions.cfg. Show me the server.cfg where it starts vMenu and executes the permissions file and i’ll take a look, you can also pm me the server.cfg if you prefer that. (same for you @godgutten)

i sendt you the server.cfg and i talked to zap support and they sad that they had a problem and they was gonna look in to it but yeah

the menu works for me so im happy

Alright well yeah then that sounds like a technical issue there. However once they fix that i do recommend you use the permissions.cfg, as that just keeps it separated and reduces a lot of ‘spam’ in the server.cfg. And it’s also easier to update/maintain as you’ll know exactly what’s vMenu related, including convars.

Ok here ya go

CitizenFX.log (305.5 KB)

If you want you can contact me at my discord Aethen games#1610

how do you put the menu for f1

Under permissions.cfg change to " setr vmenu_menu_toggle_key 288 "

still didn’t work

I’m pretty sure you’re not even starting vMenu. Because that log contains nothing indicating vMenu is even started. The text vmenu is not even in that log.

I have a question about car spawning. My server is ESX so we have a dealership to buy cars. No spawning is allowed. However we do allow saving vehicles and they are allowed spawn those. With the spawning menu completely disabled they are not allowed to spawn a car from the saved vehicles list. I’m assuming this is because now the saved cars are in categories. Is there a work around for this or I’m I doing something wrong? Thanks

This has always been the same, so nothing related to it ‘now being in categories’.

Just don’t give people access to the vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Menu permission, but do give them access to the vMenu.VehicleSpawner.<vehiclecategory> permission and they’ll still be able to use the saved vehicles menu. Of course, if they have the proper permissions in side the saved vehicles menu that is.

No one be dumb and listen to this guy please and thank you.

I’ve removed @Dank_memes_Boii’s post because it is completely wrong. And I don’t want any misconceptions here.

There is absolutely no need to move your permissions.cfg file contents to the server.cfg. Just RTFM and make sure you:

• if using zap hosting: add exec ./resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg above start vMenu in the server.cfg
  • if not using zap hosting: add exec permissions.cfg (or the filepath to wherever you have your permissions.cfg located).

The zap auto installer will not work if you removed start playernames from your server.cfg (this is not my auto installer, so I can’t fix it, but that’s how they set this up).

So just make sure you add the correct entries in the server.cfg that will execute your permissions.cfg.

Thank ya sir I got it sorted.

can you add so we can ban offline people via steamid??
can you add so we can warn people and search players / steamids to see the warning log and how many times he / she have ben banned / kicked etc??

Can? yes. Will I? No, probably not. This is not a players management resource. It’s a menu/trainer.

You already can, just create a new ban record in the bans.json file.