vMenu v2.0.0 - A server-sided menu including (almost) full permissions support

menu
trainer
vmenu
servermenu
permissions

vMenu

It’s taken a very long time, but finally after all this time of working on it, I’m very happy to release my latest (and greatest) project, called vMenu.

In short, what is vMenu?

vMenu is a server sided menu / trainer, including permissions support so server owners can configure this menu to only the things they really need.

Features (outdated descriptions, accurate for v1.0.0-v1.0.2 or so)

(Features that have been added in updates won’t be listed here, check each github “release” for all major changes.)
If I were to list all features, you’d probably hate me for having to scroll down very far for the download link, so let’s keep it summarized:

Open this spoiler to see all features, it's quite a long list even though I tried to keep it short...
  • Online Players
    Allows you to do things like teleporting (to the player and bringing the player to you), spectating players, setting a waypoint, kill other players (dam you’re cruel if you use this…) and for the real :hammer:-happy server admins: you can also kick players from the server.
  • Player Options
    Anything from god mode, healing, cleaning clothes, committing suicide, playing scenarios, never wanted, super jump, super fast running/swimming, and some more things.
  • Vehicle Options
    Things like repairing, god mode, cleaning, setting dirt level, customizing the looks & performance, adding speed hacks… because… we all know it’s important to have your golf cart do 200 mph when you get bored… and a lot more options all available here.
  • Vehicle Spawner
    Just like the title suggests, allows you to spawn vehicles with some extra options. Permissions support for this is really neat, because if, for example, you don’t have permissions to spawn vehicles from the “super” class/category, then trying to spawn a model by it’s name, like “adder” won’t work :wink:
  • Saved Vehicles
    Allows you to save new vehicles & spawn/delete existing saved vehicles. Everything about your vehicle will be saved, and the best part is: every server using this menu, will automatically share the save files. So if you want your amazing golf cart you spent hours customizing to be saved forever, simply save it using the menu option and spawn it in any server that has vMenu on it! (of course, spawning them requires permissions, saving and deleting saved vehicles doesn’t.)
  • Player Appearance
    Just like the vehicles, you can customize your ped and spawn a lot of different models. You can also save your ped/skins and they will, just like vehicles, be shared across servers. However, you will still need permissions to spawn your saved peds.
  • Time & Weather Options
    By default, this is only granted to the “Admin” and “Moderators” group (if you use the provided permissions.cfg file!). It will allow you to enable/disable time freezing and dynamic weather changes (if enabled, changes the weather type randomly roughly every 5 minutes). You can also change the current weather and time, and toggle “blackout” mode.
  • Weapon Options
    Allows you to spawn and customize weapons.
  • Misc Settings
    Things like death notifications, join/quit notifications, teleporting to a waypoint, saving your preferences/settings(!) (saving will save the enabled/disabled state of things like god mode, never wanted, join/quit notifications, etc, etc. So the next time you join, they will automatically be restored to your personal preference).
    The misc settings also contain features like showing your current location, heading and coordinates, enabling/disabling speedometers, disabling hud/radar (disabling the hud also disables any “scripted” hud components drawn on screen by vMenu). Mainly just some general useful features.
  • About Menu
    This is the only submenu that has 0 permissions support, because, lets be fair. Why wouldn’t you want to let players know where they can find information/get support on how to use the menu?!

Screenshots (also outdated, v1.0.0)

open spoiler with outdated screenshots

Because nobody reads all that info above anyway, everyone just wants to see things in action first.

Demo server

join the demo server (devtesting.pizza:30120) if you want to check out the most recent version of vMenu.

Download

Aww yeah, click me!

ZAP Hosting one-click installation

ZAP-Hosting now offers a one-click installation for vMenu! Click here to get a FiveM server from ZAP Hosting and use the one-click installer from the control panel, use the code Vespura-a-3715 at checkout for a 10% discount on your FiveM server!

Installation instructions

vMenu installation instructions (docs)

Enjoy :mascot:

Changelog

(moved to https://docs.vespura.com/vmenu/changelog)

Permissions Reference

The reference list in this post has been removed because it was impossible to keep up with changes. For an updated list view the vMenu documentation or the default permissions.cfg file in the resource download. All in-depth information will be listed there on as well as information on how to configure the menu.

Planned Features

Moved to this GitHub issue

Known issues/bugs

• Please check the GitHub “issues” tab, that’s where I keep track of all issues/bugs.

Credits

Big big thankyou’s to @shayan_doust & @Briglair for helping me with a lot when trying to figure out the best way to do certain things, especially because this is still one of my very first c# resources, they were a tremendous help!
Also thank you @IllusiveTea for helping me test things and for the feedback while alpha testing!

Controls

Input Method How to open?
Keyboard / Mouse Press m to toggle the menu.
Controller Press and hold down the interaction menu button (switch camera/select button) for roughly 1 second to open the menu. This is just like you would open the interaction menu in GTA Online.

Support

Update: 22-04-2018: Due to the amount of people asking the same questions over, and over, and over, and over and over again, I’ve updated my “support terms”.
I will provide support the best I can through this topic or on my discord server. Couple of conditions:

1. You have to read the vMenu documentation first. I will ignore ALL questions that have been answered or explained on the vMenu docs.
  2. If you edit the source code in ANY way (which is fine, as long as you do NOT re-release it, you’re free to create pull requests for added features though) I will NOT support you.
  3. Bug reports should be made on GITHUB. Any other questions can be asked here. Feature requests can be made here.
  4. I will NOT provide support, information, or answer any question related to: editing vMenu’s source code, compiling vMenu from the source files, Visual Studio related questions or anything that has to do with vMenu’s source code being altered in any way.
    If you want a new feature request it here. I will NOT help you make these changes yourself.

Development builds :construction:

:warning: These builds are unstable and can cause broken vMenu save files, use at own risk. No support provided for these builds.

For those who cannot wait to try out the latest changes on their own testing/development server and don’t know how to build vMenu themselves from the source files (or for lazy people), here you can find the latest development build. Note some builds may not work at all or contain bugs.

Latest development build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/TomGrobbe/vMenu/artifacts/vMenu.zip

[Request] Server Side Lambda
Server sync
Weather or time
Restricting Vehicles?
Window Tint
Looking for a MENU
[help] Changing the keybind
[Request] LAMBDAMENU only for admins
[Help] DOJrp Styled Old M-Menu
I need help with serversided menu it wont open
How do I add an admin on my server?
Change Things on MpCharacter
Delete me 4
Change time of day
I need a server sided Menu
Delete me 4
Best Server side trainer?
Ashfield County Roleplay / Owned by a developer / Brand new / Need Players and Staff / DOJ / Lamda menu
Vmenu
One main reason you should remove of mellotrainer from your server
Preventing Injection Modders?
How can i add this to my Server
How can i add this to my Server
Make a custom serverside mod menu

Oooooo. Very nice.

There’s no way you read the entire post in 1 minute lmao!

Cross server configurable saves? :heart_eyes:

Great release, Vespura!

As long as you don’t delete %AppData%/CitizenFX/ or reinstall windows, it should be saved even if you reinstall the game :slight_smile: Though, I still recommend backing up that citizenfx folder in case you want to reinstall the game, just to be safe, this also means that if you want to play on another computer, just move that folder over and your saves will be on there as well.

Love it…Keep releasing!!!
:poop:

Wow this looks like the best serverside replacement for LambdaMenu! Great release!

OMFG C# you sir are my muthaf*ckin hero lol i was about to write one now i dont have too i can just improve upon this :smiley:

we need to be able to change keybind, this possible?

I am going to be the dummy here but what are the controls?

This is why you are my favorite :smiley: :heart_eyes:

I have a problem and a suggestion.

I’ve followed the instructions and re-read the wiki a few hundred times and I can’t get the permissions to enable / disable items to work corrently. Even using the default out of the box permssions file, regular users even have permission to the items that you list that only mods / admins should have access to. So I’m a little at a loss here on how to say, disable God mode or disable access to things like the weather / time to let vSync handle that.

Suggestion:
Instead of using the “M” key (which conflicts with Vehicle Control), allow us to change the default key. Like to what Lam Menu is “F1” since everyone automatically already goes to that first.

Awesome work. Just need to get permissions working.

So a real server side trainer love it

What is the cmd to open the menu

Good job dude :slight_smile:
(20char)

Yea also having issues with permissions. @vespura Is this a bug?

Make sure you guys are executing the permissions.cfg or you will have issues :smiley:

Ok, here is an example then.

Why does everyone have access to what is suppose to only be for Mods / Admins?

# Time Options (restricted to moderators & admins only)
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.TimeOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.TimeOptions.All" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.TimeOptions.FreezeTime" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.TimeOptions.SetTime" allow

# Weather Options (restricted to moderators & admins only)
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.All" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Dynamic" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Blackout" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.SetWeather" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.RemoveClouds" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.RandomizeClouds" allow

Not gonna lie @Vespura this looks sick.

Good work Vespura!!!