vMenu

I have every thing updated but still doesn’t work.

Don’t set it to deny for buitlin.everyone, in fact, never use “deny” at all (a warning about this is on the docs). Instead just don’t give the permission to buitlin.everyone at all. No deny, and no allow. That way it’s “unset” and therefor denied. If you manually set it to deny, then it hard-denies it for everyone. The only reason mods and admins are able to use it, is because vMenu first checks the .All permission, since that is granted for them, they will be able to spawn it because vMenu will no longer check for the .Planes one, when it already found .All as allowed. Your faa group doesn’t have the .All, and because of that vMenu does check the .Planes ace, which is set to be denied for builtin.everyone, which overrides any other group because it wa set to a “hard-deny” state.

Show me a screenshot of your vMenu folder and your config folder inside vMenus folder.

I fixed it now thank you

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues having vmenu exec permission.cfg

have it all set up properly and was wondering if anyone has a fix for it

All players got Admin how to remove that?

Either you gave builtin.everyone access to everything that admins have, or you added builtin.everyone as a principal of admins.

I have vMenu all setup but there is a problem with: player options, vehicle options, vehicle spawner and saved vehicles like it all wont work it says it has been disabled but it has not

Suggestion for a new feature:

Make xenon lights its own permission if possible.

If it’s already possible, please forgive my ignorance :wink:

Is it possible to toggle options on or off as default?

You probably aren’t executing the permissions file, or you made a mistake while setting up the permissions.cfg, check the docs permissions page and read all the instructions on that page. If, after reading that, you still believe you’ve set things up correctly, then send me your permissions.cfg and server.cfg file (you can pm me those).

Not possible iirc because it’s done using dynamic vehicle mods.

Depends on which ‘options’ you’re talking about.

Such as your Location Display etc

permissions.cfg (20.2 KB) This is the cfg i have, its executing the cfg perfectly its just its not working to my permissions

add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.All" false

Shows false so the menu option will be there but there will be no options as the other options are commented out.

Same goes for the rest of the menus you spoke about.

If you want this admin only you need to add the following for those menus:

#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.All" allow
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace group.admin "vMenu.VehicleOptions.All" allow

I seem to be having the same issues.

I have permissions set, using zaphosting “one click” so its in the cfg folder.
However everyone on the server is getting the full menu and it has a pop up that says something about permissions not set in a popup.

I dont understand. I send over my server.cfg and permissions.cfg in a pm to you

As a player: yes (set the setting to what you want ingame, then go to misc settings menu and click ‘save preferences’)
As a server owner: no (because it’s user preference if they want it turned on or off by default, not something that should be forced by server owners)

You have multiple lines that look something like this:

add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.PlayerOptions.All" false

“false” isn’t an option you can set it to. Read this because it explains exactly how to “deny” permissions properly.

Omg u fixed my problem thanks so much!!!

Vespura fixed my issue, I was set as admin on the server.cfg. once I removed that tag, I no longer could access the whole vmenu. Seems to be a shared permissions between server.cfg and permissions.cfg

Thank you again Vespura for helping me with my issue.