vMenu

I’m talking about memory leaks in native ui used by vMenu.

1 Like

Greetings
In the Permissions-Doc it says

" To create a Principal/Group and add a player to it, add this somewhere at the top of your permissions.cfg file, in this example we’ll use the steam identifier:
add_principal identifier.steam:<steam_id_here> group."

and then

For example, if I wanted to add myself to the “admin” group, I’d do it like this:
add_principal identifier.steam:110000101234567 group.admin

Where the hell did you get this Identifier-Number from? And why am I the only one not knowing this? Like I know where to get my SteamID, SteamID3 or SteamID64 from, but not even Google can tell me what the Steam.Identifier is?!
Becuase it just says “Steam ID here” but my Steam ID looks pretty feckin’ different from this xD

Please don’t think I am completely stupid, I searched the Troubleshooting, FAQ, the Docs and this Thread here but uhm yeah

Just use your steam 64 hex id. My steam id is an unlucky example because it only contains numbers, so a lot of people confuse that for the decimal version.

When using the aces/principals permissions system (like vMenu does) you’ll need to prefix any identifier with identifier. So, steam would be identifier.steam:<id>, license would be identifier.license:<id> etc.

There are multiple ways to figure out what your identifiers are.

There are other ways of getting identifiers, but this list just sums up the easiest ways to get them.

This is the same for all identifier types:

• license
  • steam
  • xbl
  • live
  • ip
1 Like

A ok , thanks !
No way to fix it ?

Unless you find a way to fix NativeUI, then no.

Need help with setting permissions. I have successfully done this before, but once my vMenu updated. I can’t seam to get this to work. I uploaded my config file for reference. The things that I am not allowing are still showing up. Every player has access to every thing even after editing the permissions.

Any ideals?

permissions.cfg (17.4 KB)

I’m doing my server but everyone can enter the menu to get weapons, spawn cars, etc and also by pressing the F2 all users can fly, someone knows how to fix it?

Are you sure your server is up to date?

Sounds pretty normal to me. You’re probably not editing the permissions correctly if at all.

Yeah almost everyone does. It’s really simple actually:

1. read the docs
  2. configure vMenu with knowledge obtained from the docs
  3. enjoy a fully configured vMenu!

Absolutely love your releases mate, I’m having a problem settings permissions up, for some reason it’s constantly ignoring permissions? I’ll get the error saying it’s ignoring permissions but yeah I’ve told it to use permissions and i’ve also set it to staff only, any idea? Also check the doc’s

I am positive my server is updated. Also, I included the permission file. Does something in that flag you? Am I missing something? Thank you for your patience and your positive help and feedback.

Can’t download that on my phone so haven’t had the time yet to look at this on a pc.

Most likely an outdated server. Use fxserver artifacts 801 or up.
Or you’re not setting convars (correctly/at all)

I’ve checked if my server is up to date, and it is, also i set up the permission correctly, it worked on version 1.3, problably is something wrong with 1.4 because i can see i am not the single one here saying that the permissions are ignored…

Development builds :construction:

:warning: These builds are unstable and can cause broken vMenu save files, use at own risk. No support provided for these builds.

For those who cannot wait to try out the latest changes on their own testing/development server and don’t know how to build vMenu themselves from the source files (or for lazy people), here you can find the latest development build. Note some builds may not work at all or contain bugs.

Latest development build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/TomGrobbe/vMenu/artifacts/vMenu.zip

nope, nothing’s wrong. v1.4 just works different compared to v1.3 or before. So if people don’t read the changelog for instructions then yeah your old file probably won’t work.

Send me your permissions file and I’ll take a look.

Just checked, and you are adding the # in front of allow
for example:

add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.NoClip" #allow

That won’t work.
You need to add the # in front of the line, like this:

#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.NoClip" allow

Also there’s multiple lines where you’re basically intending to write a comment, but you actually didn’t comment out the line:

Allow anyone to use noclip.

which should be

# Allow anyone to use noclip.

it probably doesn’t matter, but it’ll still throw errors in the console.

Another thing: this is kind of pointless:

add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.All" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Dynamic" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Blackout" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.SetWeather" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.RemoveClouds" allow
#add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.RandomizeClouds" allow

because you’re already giving moderators all weather related permissions:

add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.Menu" allow
add_ace group.moderator "vMenu.WeatherOptions.All" allow

permissions.cfg (19.9 KB)

ok, sure, thanks!

after upgrading to version 1.4.0 does not execute permission.cfg on server.cfg

https://gyazo.com/074cc8cab2b4917e414b1e093694b8d5

You’re probably using an outdated server. Update your FXServer artifacts to 801 or up.

1 Like

thank you very much the server is outdated even

Do you have any way to translate the menu?