vMenu

Hey,
can I change the menu position?

for example: Top left ?

Nope, that’s not possible.

No (20 charrrrr)…

Hey Vespura, I’ve got a problem here, I set myself up as admin in both server.cfg and your permission file (Which is located in the same folder as the server.cfg) and I edited the permissions file, but I can’t access the options which I set to admin even though I set myself as admin in your permission file and the server.cfg, I can kick/ban people but I can’t access godmode for example (Which is enabled for admin only) any idea of what is wrong?

“Read the freaking manual” is what it means. Basically: installation instructions are on the docs.

You probably set something to “deny” for some group or for builtin.everyone. Never use “deny”

I’m super lost here. No matter what I do, vmenu doesn’t seem to be reading the permissions file. I have it pointed to exec resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg in my config file, still not working.

I’m forced to go back to an older version of vMenu to have my permissions work properly.

Nope, I didn’t set anything to deny, but it’s just not seeing me as admin or something while I did set myself as admin

Are you sure you set yourself as an admin correctly? using a valid identifier, and setting yourself as admin before starting vMenu?

vMenu doesn’t read any permissions file whatsoever. The server executes it, that’s all. But since upgrading is the problem, you probably use an old fxserver version and you’re probably getting errors like “no such command setr” in the server console (if you use the proper permissions.cfg from the latest version, as you’re told to use if upgrading to v1.4 according to the changelog on the docs).

@Vespura I installed the latest version on a esx framework. works fine.
Copied everything on a vrp framework and won’t work. any ideas?

Hi guys, after i installed the new update on my server, i get an error in game saying vMenu is causing a drop of 55 FPS…i had to revert back to 1.3 version, does someone know why ?

permissions.cfg (18.5 KB)

These are my permissions, like an admin u can use everything, as a player you have only a few things, like open vehicle doors and stop the engine or start engine. Hope this helps you :slight_smile:

Not sure what you did wrong then. Should work fine no matter what resources you have running. As long as the FXServer version is 801 or above.

Just remove all voice chat related permissions from all groups and builtin.everyone in vMenu. This includes the .Everything permission if you are using that. That will disable the voice chat menu and also all settings related to voice chat.

Works fine here. If you have any useful info like client & server side logs with debugging mode enabled, then I might be able to look into this. Also info like: does it happen constantly, or only at certain times? does it happen when the menu is closed or only when it’s opened? does it happen when you select a specific option, or whenever you join and stop after that? does it stop happening when you disable some of vMenu’s features? etc, etc.

tl;dr need way more info.

Well, I set myself admin with the steam ID thingy and removed the license thingy because I don’t use that or shouldn’t I have removed that license thingy, I don’t really know what that license thing does? I already put the license thingy back but it still doesn’t work

There are multiple ways to figure out what your identifiers are.

There are other ways of getting identifiers, but this list just sums up some of the easiest ways to get them.

Make sure you’re using one of those identifiers.

I already used the Steam 64 hex id, but what is the license thingy for if people can give themselves admin with their steam ID?

Oh and thanks for the fast reply, I appreciate that :slight_smile:

All of those identifiers are valid identifiers you can use. It’s just personal preference. License is always available, steam only when the user is using steam. So I prefer to do stuff by license.

Oh and how do I use the license thingy?

same as any other identifier

# steam
add_principal identifier.steam:110000105959047 group.admin

# license
add_principal identifier.license:4510587c13e0b645eb8d24bc104601792277ab98 group.admin

# xbl
add_principal identifier.xbl:2535449515926077 group.admin

# live
add_principal identifier.live:844427594787542 group.admin

# ip
add_principal identifier.ip:127.0.0.1 group.admin

SOLVED. I had old version of linux server files. thanks @Vespura anyway

1 Like

To answer to all the questions: it is happening when i connect to server untill i disconnect from server, i’ve tried to take out a few features, but nothing changes. To fix it i have to downgrade to version 1.3