vMenu

Please disregard … the person who updated vMenu to 1.4.0 did not realize the “config.ini” file is now history and that everything is handled from the “permissions.cfg” file. I’ve went in and made the correct changes in permissions.cfg and it should now be working as you intended it to. I’ll report back if that is not the case. Thanks for the help!

If it is caused by vMenu, then that’s definitely not intentional. vMenu does not control ped or traffic density at all, and I would have no clue whatsoever what could possibly be causing this. But it doesn’t sound like something vMenu could be causing.

You need to update your server, and use the new permissions file. Config.ini is no longer used if you read the instructions and changelog…

Those reading skills of “the person” must be 10/10!

I updated and the menu and now it opens with M even though i have it set to F1 and the permissions are not working anymore
Please help me

I’ve just updated to 1.4. If the situation persists, I’ll video it and share it. I couldn’t guess if the dwindling numbers were caused but the sudden reappearance of the walking and driving peds without a doubt occur immediately on vMenu restart.

Are you using v1.4.0? Have you properly used the options in the new permissions.cfg? Have you looked at the changelog for v1.4.0? Have you looked at the new docs (installation, configuration and permissions page are all changed)

Does it also fix itself if you restart any other resource?

Does it happen if vMenu is not even running at all whenever the server starts?

Does it also fix itself if you restart any other resource?

Does it happen if vMenu is not even running at all whenever the server starts?

Blame Val P of our “development” team. :frowning:

Haven’t had the chance to go through and fix it all just yet.

make sure your using read the updates about the configuration. you use the permissions file or the server.cfg to set the vmenu configuration now. thats what happened to me

Alright; so everything is now updated and configured correctly. The permissions.cfg is now updated and I’ve went through and edited all permissions.

Everything seems to be working except for one thing; the “setr vmenu_menu_toggle_key” option does not seem to work. I manually edited the key to 288 so it opens via F1 (on a Scripthook disabled server), however, it’s not opening via F1. It’s still opening via the M key. Any help?

Using convars or in the source code? The latter I won’t provide support for.
If you’re executing the permissions file before starting vMenu, and you’re setting the convars in the permissions file, (using setr) and you’re using fxserver version 801 or up, then it will work just fine. If it doesn’t; then you probably messed up something else or the permissions.cfg is not getting executed

Using convars in the permissions.cfg file.

I am executing the permissions.cfg file at the very top of my server.cfg file, before anything else.

I’ve restarted the resource and restarted the server at least once each, yet it’s still opening via “M”. I am also up to date with the fxserver version.

Either the server is not properly updated, or you’re not using vMenu v1.4.0 or you’re not executing the permissions file somehow (or it can’t be found). Any errors in the server console? Or in the client console?

Just restarted the server again and it works … interesting. Ok. Thanks a lot for your help Vespura.

I redacted my earlier reply because I wanted to look through all the permissions and stuff before I posted again.

No one has access to the Voice options on my server but EVERYONE is now global. I have gone back to 1.3.0 for now because that fixed my issue. Is there anyway to set this to maybe 20m or something as default?

Ran into a super weird issue man @Vespura when using this plugin and than setting the weather to snow. Xmas it makes everyone able to take a shitton of bullet damage waaaay more than they should when set to any other weather it does not happen

If you don’t give people access to the voice chat options menu then vMenu doesn’t touch voice chat at all and you will need another resource like vVoice or whatever to handle it for you. So this is not a vMenu issue.

Definitely not caused by vMenu. Must be another resource or a gta bug.

But now I am back on 1.3.0 it fixed it. They don’t get any big permission changes for voice. So I don’t see why it would change it. Just an odd one.

I even completely redid my perms file not just a lazy copy and replace lol.

What exactly is the problem? What are you trying to do?