vMenu

when i updated it i got very errors and im back to 1.3.0 …

Haw id key numpad *?

Because you’re using an old server version.
Update to 801 or later

You need to update the server. Like I mentioned in the update notes… if only people used their eyes for reading instead of their :nose: then that’d make life so much easier.

Hello, was wondering if anyone on here is able to give me a hand!
I am using vMenu for addon vehicles, however the vehicle name is being cut of and not displaying the full name, is there any way of extending the amount of characters that are visible within the menu?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Search (using the searchbar) in this topic for “AddTextEntry”. There’s multiple posts explaining how to do this properly. If I don’t forget about it I’ll add info for this to the docs.

That’s not really something that fits a server side trainer/menu like vMenu. More suited for a chat script.

Vespura, you are amazing continuing on with all these updates as I’m loving every one of them. I was wondering if you could revisit a request made some time ago. I know you have worked a lot on the weapon ammo with allowing custom ammo, unlimited ammo, or filling all ammo. My question is that since this is being used on a lot of RP servers, is there a way you could get it to change what full ammo is for weapons? Right now when we fill up ammo it gives like 1000 rounds which no one person could carry. While I can tell people on my server that they have to use the set custom ammo and only give themselves 50-100 rounds, i cant force them to do it. It would be great to have the option for us to predefine a max ammo number, say 50 rounds, and when we get a weapon and click fill max ammo we only get 50 rounds. I have tried playing around with GTA V’s weapons.meta but havent had any luck with it working. Just an idea. If anyone knows how to do this using the weapons.meta please let me know. Thanks.

Also, is there a way you can have your hide HUD remove everything such as compasses and car huds or will that not work since it is other scripts? For the time being I turn off those scripts when trying to record for server trailers, etc. Hiding the no clip menu would be great too for being able to record.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

How do i get my els working with vmenu? now it turns on a siren when i turn on the lights only… in the config i enabled the els function but it doesn’t help

Exactly your latter part, it’s not created by vMenu and doesn’t belong to the ‘default gta v components’ so i don’t think i can remove those, i’ve never tried it but i doubt it’ll work.

That’s sadly how gta works when i use ‘get max ammo for weapon model’ natives.
Maybe there’s a way to change this through weapon meta files but i’m not sure, and i’m not sure how exactly i’d implement this. because 50 rounds for an smg or whatever seems fine, but 50 rounds for a revolver seems odd. same with a taser, can’t give 50 rounds to that either. so there’ll have to be some way of specifying certain weapons only, without having to hardcode every single weapon hash.

Probably not going to be a thing anytime soon because i use the ‘visibility’ value of that menu to handle noclip stuff all across the source files, needs a lot of refactoring.

Are you sure it’s enabled? And are you using a fxserver artifacts build 801 or up?
enabling that option in the config will disable vMenu’s control over sirens completely, you’ll have to ask the creator of whatever els script you use to fix their handling of sirens in that case, because it’s up to those scripts to properly handle that.

i only have the problem i i;m using vMenu and els + together. if i only use els+ i don’t have problems…

Which server artifacts version are you using? And which vMenu version?

Last version of vMenu and ELS+ on ESX based server

that doesn’t mean anything, i mean what FXServer version are you using?
(the one displayed in <serverip>:<serverport>/info.json in your browser.)

http://134.255.234.171:32012/info.json

that server is offline…

should be online now sorry…

Your server is running the following version (759):

{"server": "FXServer-master SERVER v1.0.0.759 win32"}

You need 801 or higher.
Download the latest version here:
https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/
for instructions, see here:

All worked out thanks for the help!

I’m not able to use 288 as my vMenu toggle key with the latest version. I can only use “M” to open vMenu even though in the permissions.cfg, I have the “setr vmenu_menu_toggle_key 288” set.

I also get this error when I have “exec permission.cfg” at the top of my server.cfg

Argument count mismatch (passed 3, wanted 2) Access type needs to be 'allow' or 'deny'.Access type needs to be 'allow' or 'deny'.

When I comment out the exec permissions.cfg line, the error goes away. This tells me it’s to do with vMenu. Yes, I’m using the latest linux artifact which can be seen here:
http://104.251.215.176:30120/info.json