vMenu

when updating do i have to add the new perms file and redo all my perms for an update or im good to copy everything else but the perms file in config folder?

it must be on your end , this happens when you have installed a custom map /gps .

No, not possible.

Not without modifying the source code and removing them manually, but then people can still spawn them by name.

1 Like

Could there be the possibility of adding multi add-on car sections at some point with permissions ?

The installation instructions are listed here: docs.vespura.com/vmenu/installation
Join my discord if you can’t figure it out from there. (discord is on my site, site can be found on my profile page on the forums)

You’re giving people access to the menus, but not actually giving them any other permissions…?

Because you’re not giving them any permissions, docs.vespura.com/vmenu/permissions-ref

docs.vespura.com/vmenu/installation or join my discord

yes that works too.

It uses the default blips route system (just like mission blips/routes in GTA sp or gta:o), shouldn’t be very tiny.

When updating you should not replace your addons or permissions.cfg, any update notes here on the forums will contain a list of added/removed permissions, so you can manually copy them.

Not sure if permissions will be supported for that, might have to take a different approach, but there will be categories in the future for this.

Not to keep making posts but the place GPS on player line does not show up on the map.
They were working until I upgraded to the latest release.

Try enabling player blips, just for testing, and see if that works. Or remove the permission for player blips all together.
I’m still trying to figure out which one would solve it for now.

I made the following changes, It is still not working…
I rebooted server each tire & cleared cache on server…

add_ace group.mod “vMenu.MiscSettings.PlayerBlips” allow

#add_ace builtin.everyone “vMenu.MiscSettings.PlayerBlips” allow

Have you actually enabled the blips in the misc settings?

I have the same problem while following the instructions to the letter

Just tried it and it makes no difference … :C

Uhm… works fine for me when I enable player blips. But I’ll take a look later. Because it needs improvements either way.

Thank you! If you would like someone to test for you I am willing to be a tester ! :grin:

Join my discord in that case and type /testing
You’ll then be notified as soon as I’ve got features that need testing.

1 Like

@Vespura i did give them permissions i set the group and all that

You didn’t show me the permissions though, you only showed me the access to the menu, no other permissions.

So from what I can tell: you didn’t give them permissions

Is there a way to make it so admins can do anything in the trainer?

Yes, give them the .Everything permission (see docs.vespura.com/vmenu/permissions-ref)

@Vespura

# LawEnforcement group players
add_principal identifier. group.lawenforcement
add_principal identifier. group.lawenforcement
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Components" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Engine" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.ChangePlate" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Liveries" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Doors" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Windows" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.Alarm" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.CycleSeats" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleOptions.NoSiren" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleSpawner.DisableReplacePrevious" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleSpawner.SpawnByName" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.VehicleSpawner.All" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.SavedVehicles.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.SavedVehicles.Spawn" allow
add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.PlayerAppearance.Menu" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.PlayerAppearance.Customize" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.PlayerAppearance.SpawnSaved" allow
#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.PlayerAppearance.SpawnNew" allow

That’s not how you add players to groups. You actually need to put an identifier there.

Only permissions you’ve given builtin.everyone (NOT the “lawenforcement” group):

• vehicle options menu (but they can’t do anything inside that menu, because you haven’t given them permissions to any of the options inside that menu)
  • vehicle spawner (and all options in there)
  • saved vehicles (but they can’t do anything inside that menu because you haven’t given them permissions to any of the options inside that menu)
  • player appearance (but they can’t do anything inside that menu because you haven’t given them permissions to any of the options inside that menu)