vMenu

that works, thanks, so could you repair the newest version? :smiley:

Repair the newest version? The latest version is directly from the GitHub release, which seems to be working for everyone else so it doesn’t seem like it’s broken?

No, that’s not possible. You’ll have to close the menu if you want other hud elements to show.

What do you not understand from docs.vespura.com/vmenu ?

can someone helps me with the permissions.cfg i don’t get it

If you explain what the problem is then yes we can help you, otherwise we can’t…

Hello,
The names, that show up in the Car-Spawner Menu… can i change the max. lenght of them in the source code, or is this set by R*?

If you mean vehicle names for addon vehicles, then you should set the vehicle names properly (to avoid a limit). If you do it using the .meta files then you’re doing it wrong. Using AddTextEntry shouldn’t have any limits.

Not something that needs to be (or rather, can’t be) changed in the source code, you’ll have to fix your vehicle name’s script.

I think he means the gameName string in the vehicles.meta that then gets hashed with AddTextEntry , that iirc has a limit of 12 chars

in the vehicles.meta it has a limit yeah, but if you use AddTextEntry it shouldn’t have any limit. I’ve named my cars some pretty long names before and it worked fine… might be that there is some limit, but I don’t think ~80 characters (or whatever the limit may be) is even remotely close to a real car name, and it won’t even fit inside the menu borders

Also some people usually don’t use the vehicleMakeName or forget to add such text entry and they end putting everything as gameName :frowning:

That still doesn’t make sense why it’d be cut off when using AddTextEntry though…

What do you mean with AddTextEntry

And how do i use this?
Put it into the server.cfg?

no, you’ll have to create a new script for it.

uhmm… doesnt help much for me^^

That’s required to correctly display string for custom vehicles, or any string that isn’t loaded in the gxt2 dictionary.
All you’ll need is a simple client script like this example:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	AddTextEntry('MAZDA', 'Mazda')
	AddTextEntry('RX7', 'RX-7 FD3S')
end)

Where MAZDA is the vehicleMakeName string and RX7 is the gameName string, both are located in the vehicle definition inside the vehicles.meta file for your custom vehicle.

Or if you have strings already hashed (eg. if you extracted a .gxt2 file to .oxt using openIV) you can use the AddTextEntryByHash native

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	AddTextEntryByHash(0xCB0DA5D3, 'Mazda')
        AddTextEntryByHash(0xDF2BFEA2, 'RX-7 FD3S')
end)

@Neos7 thanks man! (20 chars)

What did i do wrong?
I have a __resource.lua and a scripts.lua file. In the scripts.lua i have the code you posted here.

AddTextEntry('rx7', 'Mazda RX7 Veilside')

But this doesnt work. In vMenu it still shows me rx7.

Check the vehicles.meta of such vehicle, be sure it’s gameName string is ‘rx7’ as you used in the native.
Be sure such script is loaded as a client script too.

Yes, all checked… still doesnt work.