vMenu

“Added to the category” so you changed the source code? Then you can do it right there while you’re at it; though note the OP: no support for modified versions will be provided.

1 Like

Yes I have edited the source code quite a bit, I understand No support will be provided. I guess I am just dumb then because I can’t figure out how to change the names, just to clarify I’m trying to change the stock “sherrif1” to “BCSO CHARGER” maybe the problem lies within it being a stock GTA car

So I have this weird issue that the menu suddenly appears only to the right and I have no idea what I did that it started to do that. Any idea what could be causing this?

Another question. Possible to do a default config for new users like enable the location etc.

Last but not least when you enable “always engine on” and before you exit the vehicle turn it off it will disable by itself. Also it will shortly turn off then on with “always engine on” .

Thanks!

I added some addon cars how do I add them to vMenu’s Addon cars spot?

Add them to vMenu/config/addons.json.

Okay so now I have some really weird issue. Just with the menu installed I can’t get into another police car where someone already sits but they can kick me out. Like wtf?

I really need to delete everything from the mod. Where does it save everything? I deleted the plugin folder but upon reuploading there still is stuff from me.

Edit:

Okay so every admin bugs themselve out somehow. If i disable admins for the other ones everything works fine…

Edit2: Made myself a testplatform locally on a new server and now the menu is perfectly fine on the left. Something is borked on the productive machine. If someone has an idea, I would kindly accept it!

Scratch that

that’s supposed to work like that.

what are you exactly stating here?

The menu is supposed to be on the right side of the screen. If it ever shows up on the left, than that’s because a resolution issue/bug with NativeUI.

Default config for what? Position of the menu to be at some place on the screen? Not possible because the position already breaks randomly for different resolutions/aspect ratios. And even if it didn’t it’d have to be implemented in NativeUI, not entirely possible to do it just from the vMenu source.

like schwim said, add them to the /resource/vMenu/config/addons.json file (there’s some example car names in there)

what… nobody has ever reported this before and it’d be hard to believe that it’s caused by vMenu, but if you have a solid repro for this then i’ll look into it. Besides, the kicking out is probably because they’re holding the “enter car” button down for a couple of seconds (which will kick others out of the car when you enter, default GTA V behavior, not caused by vMenu).

That’s because user preferences are not saved on the server. They are client/user preferences (shared across all servers using vMenu) so they’ll be saved on the client’s computer.
(saved here) :

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CitizenFX\kvs

“admins bug themselves out” what does that even mean?

“disable admin for the other ones” what “admin” and what “other ones”?

read the top of this reply, menu is supposed to show up on the right, if it’s on the left, then you’re using a buggy resolution, or using windowed (not borderless) mode or alt-tabbing (if you did that while joining) somehow changes your resolution and breaks the menu whenever you join the server.

Okay let me clear things up so it’s easier for you. Sorry for that gibberish.

vMenu is enabled and there are two admins assigned.

Admin1 goes into a police car and Admin2 tries to get in. Nothing happens. I hit F and the character doesn’t move.
Admin2 goes into a police car and Admin1 can just enter the vehicle and sometimes kick him out. This doesn’t even makes sense haha.

That only happens if both of those players are admins. Is only one an admin then there are ZERO issues. Cars get spawned via the esx_policejob script.

Can I force the menu to the left somewhere in the code?

The default config question was that I, the admin, could predefine a preset for new players so some stuff in the menu is already activated like the street location in the bottom left.

Hope that clears it up for you!

Do you have any other resource that uses aces/principals with the group.admin name, because i don’t think it’s even possible for vMenu to cause this, as it does not do anything related to entering vehicles or locking doors/kicking others out…

No, because then it’d break everything, you’ll have to edit nativeui, then modify vMenu in that case.

Not something I’m going to implement because they are all user preference, and synced across all servers. So the “user preferences” would be pointless if the server admin forces the defaults every time.

No I don’t think to. I add admins in the server.cfg and then use the inheritance in the permissions.cfg. This works. But could this be the issue? When I remove vMenu with two active admins everything works as it should. With one active admin it’s fine. Heres my list of mods:

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
#start scoreboard
#start playernames
start mysql-async
start essentialmode
start esplugin_mysql
start es_admin2
start es_extended
start esx_menu_default
start esx_menu_list
start esx_menu_dialog
start loadingscreen
start vMenu
start playerlist
start cron
start instance
start esx_phone
start esx_datastore
start esx_addoninventory
start esx_armour
start esx_voice
start LockSystem
start lux_vehcontrol
start assets
start skinchanger
start esx_addonaccount
start esx_billing
start esx_society
start esx_identity
start esx_joblisting
start esx_jobs
start esx_property
start esx_skin
start esx_license
start esx_service
start esx_taxijob
start esx_realestateagentjob
start esx_truckerjob
start esx_mecanojob
start esx_policejob
start esx_ambulancejob
start esx_eden_aircraftgarage
start esx_eden_boatgarage
start esx_eden_garage
start esx_vehicleshop
start esx_aircraftshop
start esx_boatshop
start esx_lscustom
start esx_shops
start esx_status
start esx_basicneeds
start esx_weashopsplus
start esx_barbershop
start esx_clotheshop
start esx_tattooshop
start esx_AdvancedFuel
start handsup
start fingerpoint
start new_banking
start esx_celldoors
start esx_drugs
start esx_holdup
start emotes
start kors
start esx_jailer
start tweet
start ooc
start fivem-ipl
start SexySpeedometer
start JF_SeatShuffle
start snippets
start RealAITraffic
start CalmAI
start idoverhead
start Captain14_FBI
start Captain14_LSPD
start Captain14_Sheriff

Well I have no idea why this could even happen, vMenu does nothing related to entering vehicles…

I put this in a server and no one can spawn in weapons and can’t shoot people. I can’t figure it out

Yeah I found out how it was just typed them wrong in the Addons.json

Probably you didn’t give them permissions for it.

You need a separate pvp resource. This resource does not touch pvp at all.

I got it working, Thank you

How would i make this an admin/moderator menu all together like only admins or moderators can open this menu and other players cannot

So I got the weapons and everything working but now someone has admin tools but his steam hex isn’t added into the admin.

You cant.

Do you have another resource that uses group.admin?
Show me your permissions.cfg file

Hello, I’m having a problem with the settings, I can only add one as admin to work, the base is vRP, I put 2 lines like this

add_ace identifier.steam: 11000011c61ffe8 group.admin
add_ace identifier.steam: <Second Hex> group.admin

only the first line works.

You don’t have the steam hex in the 2nd one.