vMenu

Still Cant remove a god mode and other things?

screenshot ur permissions.cfg file for PlayerOptions

iv got Overhead Player Names working and i tried using

int ped = GetPlayerPed(PlayerId());
int gamerTagID = CreateMpGamerTag(ped, GetPlayerName(PlayerId()), false, false, "", 0);
SetMpGamerTagVisibility(gamerTagID, 0, true);

but it only shows my name over my head no one elses :frowning:

Works fine for me, nothing has changed for resolutions or key binds. Also v1.1? Do you mean v1.1.0 or v1.1.1 or v1.1.2?

Los santos customs should work fine, ever since v1.1.0 (or some update before that) I fixed just that issue. So make sure you’re using the latest version.

It should be exec permissions.cfg though if you’re using zap hosting then you keep your permissions.cfg file inside the /vMenu/config/ folder and add this command instead: exec resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg

Read the wiki on how to use permissions.

That’s because when you set a waypoint, I can only get the x/y coords. Not the Z. So I have to find a safe “Z” coord to teleport to. If this can’t be found within 1second after teleporting near those coords, then it will use the backup method and place you in the nearest safest location. Can’t make it much more optimized than that, without having to teleport you to the top of the map and equip a parachute.

This happens when changing resolutions and is an issue caused by nativeui, I’ve tried many times to fix this in nativeui itself but nothing seems to work, after all, nativeui is designed for left aligned menus only by default.

That’s not a valid permission node. Check the wiki permissions page for a list of all permissions.

1 Like

Hi Vespura,

Not sure if this a bug, or intended, or my error here but I don’t see underglow option for vehicles in the menu. I checked my permissions and don’t see anything about underglow and vehicle Mod Menu isn’t restricted at all.

underglow is not implemented. it’s in the development branch along with some other changes, but the development branch is currently not stable.

2 Likes

Thanks for fix ) i use v1.1.0 and its works fine , i will try install latest one on fresh server for test , maybe some of my dll’s conflict with vMenu

This is an amazing addon, thank you so much, I can’t operate my server without it! Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

This might be a silly question but do I have to replace the permission.cfg file under the config folder of vMenu folder everytime I update it? Or do I only need to replace the one in the same folder with the server.cfg?

Like that the you can add cars in addon.json

But after i put more then 100 cars in, the vMenu stop to work. So is that the limit or is there a way to expain the list ?, so explan it so it will use the vehicleMakeName and gameName, so it will list the vehicle with the prober name and not the modelname.

Its using Citizen.FX.Core API which already has the code to get the name from model name -

GetDisplayNameFromVehicleModel

so using any other way to display will have to be custom written, if its something you want you can add thats what iv been working on myself.

also i can find anything with the limit maybe its with NativeUI but idk.

Ok, thanks for info.

Guess i have to lean how to make a car menu :slightly_smiling_face:

you can make a submenu in the vehicles section and setup permissions for it its quite simple however sense GTA uses Normal classes in the menu it will just SHOW NULL, unless you change it. i was gonna make a sub menu for SAHP Fleet and BCSO fleet so they had their own menu but i just put it in with vehicles.

Just remember any changes you do are for you and you only, @Vespura License doesnt support redistributing the source and or your own version of vMenu in anyway.

I woud never… So don’t worry about that. But thanks for info.

You don’t replace the permissions.cfg in your server.cfg folder when updating. Just check the change log for new permissions. It’d be a waste of time if you had to redo the permissions every update. Just update the added permissions and you’re good to go.

This has been discussed a million times, check other posts in this topic.

Haven’t tested it with 100 cars, but 100 addon cars is a shit ton anyway, why would you ever need that many?!

No need to do any of this at all. Just follow instructions as posted by one of the elements in the posts above. You’re over complicating things, you don’t need to edit the source code at all.

Sorry I meant as in if I went in and add steam ID for admin/moderator and stuff. Do I have to make sure both files from the server.cfg folder and the config folder of vMenu are updated the same? Or does the menu only load the permission file from the server.cfg folder?

Only the permissions.cfg file that you referenced in your server.cfg file will be executed. So if you have exec permissions.cfg then the permissions.cfg inside your server.cfg folder will be executed. If your command is exec ./resources/vMenu/config/permissions.cfg then the permissions.cfg file inside the /vMenu/config/ folder will be executed.

vMenu itself does not “read” the file. It only checks for aces, which are set by executing (exec ___.cfg) a (permissions) config file.

I see. I’ve been updating the permission file at both location xD. Been wasting my own time hahaha.

I have one small suggestion. Not sure how hard it would be but would it be better to move teleport to marked location under player options? Somewhere toward the top of the first page. A lot of players tend to not look at Misc. Settings portion of the menu and hence does not know such function exist til they are told so.

The about menu shows a link where players/users can find info about the features…
Besides, it’s literally the first option in misc settings so you can’t really miss it. I don’t feel like moving options as it makes little sense to do so, and will only affect people already used to the menu.

Yeah was just a thought. I don’t really have a problem with it but some of the newer players to fivem tend to not look through the whole menu.