vMenu

Need to deny it not allow it

if the line to allow is NULL it denys it …

This might have been asked before but I couldn’t find it. Where do the settings for vMenu save file located? For example if I want to reset people settings to remove certain vehicles that was saved by them. How would I do that?

Nvm, found out the answer after the fact. So is there no way for me to reset everyone saved vehicles/peds?

not that i am aware of however im not the creator, i do know however that if they dont have permission for a specific vehicle it wont let them spawn it.

That is kinda inconvenience if someone saved something they shouldn’t have. Saved files aside from settings should be saved on server instead of client’s computer imo.

Who are you to decide a player “shouldn’t have” saved something? If a specific vehicle is disallowed, the player can’t spawn it; so why would you want to take control over the user’s saved data?

This menu is meant for players, not for server owners to police literally everything players do.

1 Like

The owner of the server? And there are exclusive admin stuff we don’t want regular players to be using.

Then deny it using permissions?

3 Likes

yeah but client saving also solves the menu not being able to save more then a certain amount especially under load.

I wish it was as easy as this with this menu. For example for vehicles I have to go and change the vehicles.meta file to change its spawn name and class. I understand the trainer is made for “players”, however as the operator of the server it is nice to be able to control certain things. I’m not saying this menu is bad because of that just saying that’s just a inconvenience. At the end of the date, this is still one of the most up to date menu with easy to use custom permissions and I appreciate all of Vespura’s works that he has put into this menu and understand his decisions with how the menu operates. Just voicing an opinion.

PS: Hopefully you guys didn’t take my comment the wrong way. I’m not discrediting how amazing this menu is. I still much rather use this then go back to mello :smiley:

You are probably not executing the permissions.cfg file.

“fix” what? Not having to use the permissions.cfg? well that’s impossible, as this menu is based on permissions. The default permissions.cfg is safe to use and only allows mods/admins to do moderation/admin tasks, so if you don’t feel like changing them you can just use the default.

add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.<whateverpermission>" denied is not a thing, if you want to disable a certain option, just leave the allow in there, but add a # in front of the line, so it looks like this:

#add_ace builtin.everyone "vMenu.<whateverpermission>" allow

This same setup applies for all permissions. Just add # in front of every line you don’t want to “enable”.

having a # in front of the line makes the option disabled, the permission won’t be added. If you still see the option after adding a # then you’re probably giving access to the vMenu.<whatevermenu>.All permission.

No there’s no way to fuck players over and be an asshole to them by deleting all their saved items. This is because it is shared across all servers and you would be a real prick if you deleted custom saved player data.

No, as then they wouldn’t be able to use it on all servers they joined. Besides, it’s user preference, aka, the server owner cannot restrict what vehicles players save. You always have the option to disable spawning, but not “saving” of vehicles.

That doesn’t make any sense. Why would you ruin everyone’s experience outside of your own server just to be a restrictive “owner” of your own server. You literally ruin everyone’s files (for every server) if you had the option to “delete” saved player data.

Really… is this a joke? Pretty much everything is configurable by the server owner/admin using permissions. If you really want to ruin everything for players, then I suggest you fork vMenu and edit it for your server, just keep in mind that 90% of the players don’t want to play on your server if you add some option to delete all user’s data, because it will impact every server they play on.

1 Like

Heyyy ! i dont know why , but menu hasn’t been working since update v1.1 for me , i press M and nothing heppens , but i see that weather still syncing . And one more question , does new update work fine with Los Santos customs ? In v1.1 , when i enter LSC , i am fall under the ground ((( if ill disable vMenu this problem will solve

I put exec permissions.cfg on the very first line in the server.cfg anything I’m doing wrong maybe It’s +exec permissions.cfg

is there a way to block certain sections from user access?

I’ve been looking through here and haven’t seen this brought up (maybe I missed it). When you come back from being busy, can you revisit the teleporting. If I set a waypoint that isn’t on a street, it will teleport me to the nearest named road.

When I’m working on my server and need to go to a certain place, it’s annoying when it teleports to somewhere else just because there isn’t a road nearby. I’m assuming this doesn’t only happen to me.

also can you investagate the menu randomly moving to the left side of the screen when you restart fivem/ your server its happened to me multiple times kinda annoying having the menu on the edge of the screen literally

Actually i didn’t know about this. I didn’t know the saves were shared across all servers. Then it makes sense for me while it handles through client side. And I know there a lot of configurable permissions with your menu. Sorry if you think I was talking down about it. You’ve added more to this menu in the past month then I’ve seen on any other menu I looked at. It is really awesome regardless.

The way it works, as you know, it saves client side. Now if you visit another server that uses vMenu and has the same options open to you, you can use your saves there also. Not just the server where you created the save. Obviously if the other server has an option turned off that your home server doesn’t, you won’t have access to that option, but it doesn’t mean that the save isn’t there.

yup understand that now. I didn’t know that til now.

#add_ace builtin.everyone “vMenu.” allow
Not Working