vMenu

No info, just fix…

1 Like

Not really much more I could tell you all of a sudden no update to any of them, randomly stopped EasyAdmin working, I have to disable this menu for it to work.

1 Like

Where would I put this vehicle_names.lua? In the vMenu folder? or in a folder with my cars? Or make a new resource for it?

1 Like

@luan87us In your vehicle resource folder.

This is not something that should be done in vMenu. But instead create a new resource if you want to stream vehicles.

1 Like

Alright, so I just make a new resource and throw a _resource.lua that call the client script ‘vehicles_names.lua’ in that resource folder?

1 Like

Well, works fine here so unless you have a specific way of reproducing this bug on a fresh server, then there’s nothing I can do :confused:

1 Like

Yes should be fine.

Don’t worry about it, we are just gonna use lambda as it’s a whitelisted server anyway, we were just using this until we were whitelisted because of modders etc.

Great work though!

Are more advanced MP Ped customization options still planned? Such as adding facial hair, tweaking face shapes, etc. That’s actually the only thing that has kept us from switching to vMenu. :open_mouth:

Not sure if I installed it wrong but I followed the installation guide and when I try to log into my server is says “Couldn’t load resource sessionmanager”

Heres what shows in my console

Loaded vMenuServer.net, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null into ScriptDomain_522996125
Instantiated instance of script GHMatti.Http.RequestInternal.
Instantiated instance of script GHMatti.Http.Request.
Loaded Newtonsoft.Json, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed into ScriptDomain_522996125
Instantiated instance of script vMenuServer.EventManager.
Instantiated instance of script vMenuServer.UpdateChecker.
Started resource vMenu
Authenticating server license key…
Server license key authentication succeeded. Welcome!
cfx> Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110
Started map fivem-map-skater
Started resource fivem-map-skater
hitch warning: frame time of 402 milliseconds

[vMenu] Checking for updates.
[vMenu] Current version: v1.1.0
[vMenu] Latest version: v1.1.0
[vMenu] Release Date: 09-04-2018

[vMenu] You are currently using the latest version, good job!
Connecting: ^5Chase
Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110

Just do restart sessionmanager in your console. :slight_smile: That’s a completely separate issue from vMenu.

1 Like

At some point, yes. Anytime soon? No.

Starting next week I probably won’t be able to work much on vMenu for about 2-3 months. So any spare time will be put into fixing issues or adding small features only.

Is the Summon for mods and admins not working or is it something I don’t have setup correctly? I am listed as an admin and mod and I know that works as I see the Time and Weather settings. I can click on the Summon option and it tells me they have been summoned but it doesn’t move them. The Kill and Kick doesn’t work either but I could care less about the Kill command and I have another script for admin stuff of Kicking and Banning. The other script doesn’t have the Summon ability so that is something I am really wanting but just want to make sure it isn’t fully functional right now or that I did something wrong. Loving this script!!! Thanks in advance!

Hmm, that’s odd. Someone else also mentioned this.

Usually: if you see the function, then you do have permission to use it. I’ll take a look at it why it could be broken.

Hey Vesp, I must say, great Menu so far. But I’m afraid, like everyone else apparently, I have huge problems with the permissions.

We have narrowed it down to being an ID error, so which Steam ID is actually needed? The Standard 64ID, the Hex or the Community ID?

Kind Regards

Identifiers include:
Steam hex id
FiveM license
Ip

If you want to find your identifiers quickly, just join your server and go to serverip:port/players.json in a browser.

Or join this server: vespura.com:30122 and it will show you your identifiers right there on screen.

Found the issue. In an attempt to prevent cheaters sending fake events, I added additional “backup” permission checks server side. However, I did not account for wildcard permissions such as vMenu.Everything or vMenu.OnlinePlayers.All. Thus, players with those permissions, but not specifically the vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Kick|Kill|Summon permission would be denied access.

This will be fixed in the next update. For now: give players access to those specific permissions to solve the issue. (You can manually add those permissions on top of the wildcards as a temporary fix without having to ruin too much of your existing permissions setup. Just add this somewhere in your file:)

add_ace group.<whatevergroupyouwant> "vMenu.OnlinePlayers.<Kick|Summon|Kill>" allow

@sadboilogan is doing some testing for me this weekend as I don’t have time myself, after his “report” I’ll try to push this update out asap.

Hi Vespura, love your vMenu so far! We don’t use much of the permissions options but the mod menu is fantastic, thanks so much for your hardwork!

I had just a few inquiries;

1. I noticed that “Vehicle God Mode” doesn’t work for the “Phantom Wedge” and “Armored Boxville”. They appear to take damage as long as the damage is being taken through the wedge (EX: ramming cars or letting them sit on the wedge itself).

Projectiles and explosives do no damage and physical damage from anywhere but the wedge does no damage either. Is this just a known issue with GTA or can you make an adjustment so the god mode works properly on these vehicles?

And, could you add more vehicle damage options like “No cosmetic damage” and “No mechanical damage” in the future possibly?

1. Under the “Addon Vehicles” menu, is there a way to add categories like “Super”, “Coupes”, etc?

Also, how can you change the display name and the spawn name independently when adding vehicles to the “addons.json” file? EX: Vehicle I’m adding is a Audi R8 V10 ABT Edition. Can the display name be “Audi R8 V10 ABT” even though the spawn name is “Audir8v10abt”?

Again, really great job on the vMenu and thanks in advance!

Benton1234

Summon Player Perm Bans the person your summoning lol idk if its intentional. nvm just looked into the code and it bans if it cant summon the player, but idk why it wasnt able to summon him… it didnt even try it just banned him.

• WAS TESTED WITH NEWEST VERSION FROM GETHUB WHICH INCLUDES BANNING OPTIONS. as of 04/14/18 11pm Pacific.