vMenu

That’s how GTA works sadly, due to that car being forced to remove health upon wedge impact, instead of “applying damage”. So god mode doesn’t prevent that.

Probably won’t do this, but I’ll add it to my todo list to think about it later.

Not easily no. But in theory it should be possible. Though won’t be added anytime soon at least because I don’t have time to work on things like that for next few months.

This has been discussed a LOT if you scroll up.

Master and development branches are not production for a reason. They are untested and not ready for use on live servers. You should never put any of those on your server. Always wait for an official download from the production branch to appear in the Releases page.

Like stated a few posts up: @sadboilogan is helping me out testing everything atm because I don’t have time to do it myself. Until that’s completed and all bugs are solved, nothing will be pushed to production.

2 Likes

of course i was letting the issue known for yourself or anyone testing. :slight_smile:

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this mod. It provides all base functionality.

I have one question; After installing/running this on the server, players cannot steal cars from other player anymore. Before loading vMenu it still works.

Something in vMenu disables the ability to jack cars of other players, can I change this somehow?

It does not. There’s no feature in vMenu that does that or even attempts to alter player tasks etc.

And I’ve never had this issue myself or seen it reported here :open_mouth: so that’s very strange.

Are you sure this issue does not occur when you disable vMenu and restart the server?

Just making sure you weren’t using this for your real server :wink:
also the issue was already fixed in the latest updates a few days ago but those weren’t merged to master yet.

it was in my public however in the source i disbaled the perm ban function tell it was fixed, also quick question i know it reads from Citizen.Core but is there a way to remove Armor on vehicles, cause for a RP server people would abuse it and id rather remove it in total i looked into the code and it just reads all options avalible from each vehicle. if anything ill make someone where if they put armor on their vehicle it deletes their vehicle.

Only way would be to disable the vehicle mod submenu. This is not a menu just for RP, it’s a menu that could be useful in many different ways for many different types of servers. Limiting every single tiny detail to be “RP Friendly” is not what vMenu is about, and it won’t ever be designed/updated to become that.

Besides, if you can’t trust your members to play according to the rules to make it fun for everyone, they do not sound “worthy” to be in your server anyway.

1 Like

thanks for response and true, it used to never been this restricted but we were well above 1000 perm bans and people kept abusing… ill figure what i will do, never the less its a great release, and awesome work :slight_smile:

only other thing im wondering on changing is so chat proximity isnt automatically on global.

It’s user preference anyway. So people would be able to override the “default” for them even if you change the code to not be on global by default.

which is fine by me if they want it overridden, but i mean on first connect id like to make it the smallest and most realistic.

Which again, will be different on first connect after they changed their preference. So it doesn’t matter anyway. But if you want to, feel free to change it :wink:

1 Like

Not trying to be rude here but this is easy to say if you already have a established community. However, for smaller/starting up community we don’t want to be too strict but at the same time would like the ability to restrict certain things from the menu. I really like vMenu but I do wish it has more options for restrictions. However, I understand it is not easy work making these things.

I get you can’t control everyone on the server. And I also get that you don’t want to have to be strict. But if I had to design this to have every single key press or every minor detail be restricted, I feel like there would be nothing left of the menu for regular players… As server owners would just restrict everything. This menu is of course built for server owners, but it’s also for the players.

It isn’t hard to change all these tiny things to be 100% server-owner-restrictable or whatever you want to call it, but that would mean I’d have to spend hours adding permissions to all these small things, when instead I could be putting my precious time into adding new features and fixing bugs. The latter, is of course preferred because I enjoy making new features. It wouldn’t be fun if I made all these new features, and then have them restricted anyway because of server owners fearing players will be abusing them :confused: .

Anyway, on a completely different note besides that small frustration talk, I just finished converting @dexslab’s PR to have full permissions support for every single weapon, as well as some added features on top of Dex’s PR. Which will be available in the next update.

Along with full weapon permissions support, the next update fixes kick, kill and summon permissions for the Online Players submenu, as well as added some new features such as banning, temp banning (max 1 month, based on “real world” date/time, not based on “server uptime”).

The next update will also contain some more small added features unrelated to the Online Players submenu.

1 Like

vMenu v1.1.1

Fixes in this update

• 1c5803e Fixed a bug which prevented other resources from toggling night vision and thermal vision on/off.
  • 619467d Fixed kick, summon and kill permissions not working correctly when using wild-card permissions instead of individual permissions.

New features in this update

• 0f811cc, 8cb9016, 3e9282e & ed2fed0 Added and fixed ban & tempban features.
    New permissions for these features:
    • vMenu.OnlinePlayers.PermBan allows you to permanently ban players.
    • vMenu.OnlinePlayers.TempBan allows you to temporarily ban players from the server (up to 30 days, you can enter the ban duration in hours after specifying a ban reason when temp-banning a player through the Online Players menu).
    • vMenu.DontBanMe prevents you from being banned.
  • fbb5f93 Added gameplay-camera horizontal and vertical rotation/angle locking options (it’s a bit glitchy, but there’s no way to really improve this and still be able to move the camera when using a controller) The option can be found in the Misc Settings submenu.
  • 0246cf9, cbe35a2 & ac641cc Added permissions support for each individual weapon. Click here for a list of individual weapon permissions.
    Alternatively, you can give players access to vMenu.WeaponOptions.All to allow them access to all weapon options (including spawning all individual weapons) or give players access to vMenu.WeaponOptions.GetAll to be able to spawn and customize all weapons, without automatically also allowing options like Unlimited Ammo.

Download here :mascot:

3 Likes

I completely understand your thoughts on this. :smiley: hence why this is still the primary menu on my server. The only real set back for me was no way to restrict certain weapon categories which you have just released so that is solved. I can live with car’s armor as that isn’t that big of a deal for me. I wish everyone that plays on FiveM RP server would read and follow the rules as well.

Again thank for you hard work. So excited to finally not have people tell me “Shouldn’t have put that in the menu” when I tell them explosive and heavy weapons aren’t allowed without admin permission lol.

Hello. Im getting error when starting resource. framework version 4.5.2
https://pastebin.com/MAQCskuS

Is this after you tried to build vMenu yourself or using the official GitHub download?

Also what server artifacts version are you using and are you using windows or Linux to host the server?

Did this start happening from version 1.1.1?

To add to my message above, in case you’re using Linux, it might be a missing dll file. I’ll have to do some more testing on Linux tomorrow in that case.

is it possible that you can do the built-in weather system so it is possible to use another weather script