vMenu

Something I noticed: when I do “stop vMenu”>“start vMenu”, it hangs until the server window gets a keypress, printing a relative hitch warning, but even still, no response in game.

That’s very strange. What resolutions are you all playing on? And do you still get the instructional buttons in the lower right corner of the screen when you “toggle” the menu?

That’s also very strange and I haven’t been able to reproduce this. It does give a hitch warning when starting it because of the version check, however it should just be a hitch warning of about 1-2 seconds at max.

The issue seems to be with the provided Newtonsoft.Json.dll being corrupted. Works fine when testing on my pc when building from the source files, but it randomly breaks whenever I use the zip version. I’ll update this asap.

1 Like

my resolution is 3840x2160 and when I press M, I can not see anything

Yeah I found the issue. But I’m not sure why it’s randomly breaking, and randomly working for me at the same time… Uploading a new version soon.

1 Like

Update - v1.0.9 hotfix!

The corrupt dll file has been replaced, please redownload it here:

3 Likes

thanks it works fine now

@Vesupura
When it comes to the addon car’s part of the menu, am I able to change the name other than the spawn name?

This has been talked about a few times already a couple posts up. Just look for a recent Element reply explaining how to do it.

1 Like

When u will release the tp to waypoint feature? Its a really great job, only need this to be the best menu in my opinion… thx for your job

What?

:point_down:t2:

It’s been there since day one.

1 Like

Does anybody has this working on esx with the esx_vehicleshop mod? I am asking cuz i think the menu is overriding vehicle spawn code. As when i have vmenu enable you can shop and your character goes right in the car and you can drive away without buying it and when its not enable you dont see you character in the car and you cant move the car until you purchase it. I tried to deny permission but still would override.
@Vespura what visual studio would i need to compile you menu once i remove anything related to vehicle spawn from the menu.

Sorry to bother you with this questions again but I’m getting mixed results from my server about the vehicle class permissions. You told me that the addon list permissions are done through vehicle class. If an addon vehicle is in a certain class (in this example Super Cars) which I restricted to our whitelisted civ, then unless the person has the hex set up in the whitelisted civ group they should not be able to spawn that addon vehicle through the addon list or spawn by name correct?

However, I’m getting reports that people can still spawn them through the addon list, but they can’t spawn them through spawn by name. I un-commented the addon line to allow it to show up but it has builtin.everyone. So does that mean that line override the other restrictions if those cars are in the addon list?

Probably if you have “keep engine running” and whatever esx resource you’re running has done a poor job trying to stop vehicles from driving, then yes my menu will probably override it. Simple solution: fix your esx resource to make the vehicle undrivable.

It’s not related to vehicle spawning. But you’ll need Visual Studio 2017 to build my source code.

I’ll have to look at this again, I thought I didn’t implement it correctly, but a couple of testers reported that it was implemented correctly. I’ll have to look at the code and make sure it’s setup correctly.

2 Likes

Thank you sir. You are awesome.

Edit: I did some testing myself today and I can confirm the Addon overrides the other permissions. If a super car is added to that list I was able to spawn it without permission for super cars category.

1 Like

I have a suggestion/request to make: Option to modify permissions for weapons (Mainly wanting to restrict heavy weapons for rp reasons). And if possible permissions restriction for cops/ems/firefighter peds so players can’t impersonate them.

1 Like

Working on that, still haven’t had the time to check the PR that was created for it.

No. It’ll only support the current permissions system.

Just fixed that, will be available in the next update.

Unrelated update note: next update will also fix the freeze vehicle/ped options that would force-unfreeze peds/vehicles if the user had it disabled or didn’t have permissions for it. It’ll now only un-freeze ped/vehicle when toggling the option in the menu, other than that it will never un-freeze your ped/vehicle anymore. This should solve some issues with certain resources that try to freeze the ped/vehicle. This also allows better support for a freeze player option in the Online Players menu in a future update.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the next update. I skipped 1.0.9 as I didn’t think the changes were worth having to redo the permission.cfg. Hopefully you’ll get the weapons permissions implemented in next update as well. Thank for all your hard works.

1 Like

You don’t need to redo the permissions.cfg every update… Only thing you need to add is the newest permission line vMenu.VehicleSpawner.DisableReplacePrevious and that’s it. Nothing else needs to change in the permissions.cfg file!

1 Like

Vespura I have a question. Is it possible to have dynamic weather option off by default? I don’t know if it’s just me but it makes it rains and storm a lot for some reason.

1 Like