[Tutorial/Release] Making addon ELS vehicle packs

I made an unmarked vehicle pack, but didnt see that i wasnt allowed to release it, so until i get permission i decided to make a tutorial! Also note this has a release in it so i wasnt sure where it should go. The release is the addon vehicle resource template.

Step 1:
First find the ELS vehicle you want, if it is already a addon goto step 4. If it is a replace goto step 2

Step 2:
Next find a similar default GTA vehicle. If i were adding a tahoe id get the sheriff2 meta lines from vehicles.meta, now get the same model names carvariation lines. Paste both of those in a notepad (make sure you know which is which) and save that for later.

Step 3:
Next Change the model files names to the names you desire. After goto the vehicles.meta lines you just got and change these 2 lines.

<modelName>namehere</modelName>
      <txdName>namehere</txdName>

Replace namehere with whatever is before the extension of your model names. Some vehicles come with a model_hi or whatever. Keep that in the name BUT dont add it in the metas.

Do the same in carvariations, except you only have to change one line
<modelName>modelnamehere</modelName>

Step 4:
Download this resource template here: addoncartemplate.zip (2.1 KB)

Step 4:
rename the folder to whatever you please, then get your vehicles.meta line you copied and open the new one you downloaded in the resourcename/meta/vehicles.meta paste the code in the open space. It should start with and end with
Do the same for the carvariations.meta line you got and put it in the new carvariations.meta.

Step 5:
Add all of your vehicle models to the stream folder, and add all .xml’s to the vcf folder

Step 6: Go into the __resource.lua and change the vcf/namhere.xml to vcf/yourxmlname.xml
add more of those lines if you have more than 1 vehicle.

Step 7: Lastly add to your server.cfg and test it out.

This should cover everything, also for a replace vehicle your transferring to a addon, some have no audio, to fix replace
</audioNameHash>

to

<audioNameHash>NAMEHERE</audioNameHash>
(note add the default name, so if you used police2 as your vehicles.meta base, then change namhere to POLICE2, The name MUST be in capital letters

Also note this works fine for me, theres probably better ways of doing it, but i have no bugs and it works flawlessly. You may have to mess with things like the handling in vehicles.meta. I usually change it to baller2 for my tahoes. You just have to find what you like. If you find any confusing parts i may not have explained correctly let me know. Im not the best at explanations and can touch up anything you please. Thanks for reading.

7 Likes

This is a great tutorial, but I still can’t get it to work, is there anyway I could get into contact with you personally?

Message me w/ a download to your pack. I can take a look.

Hey I attempted to do this with this pack

And changed everything I needed to, to make the 6 cars spawn with so1-so6 for all 6 cars but the server says invalid model name. Not sure what I did wrong, My discord name is Retnuh#0001 thats the best way to contact me don’t check here as often.

2 Likes

Can u make a vid on it maybe

1 Like

Late Reply But do you need to renmae the XML files?

Yes, though unsure how well this method still works and there may be better out there now.

What ELS are you using?

I no longer use els but i was using ELS+ not sure the exact version.

Hey, are you supposed to change the name of the ***.xml? I mean, i have been doing replace to addons before, but never with ELS. So i can the first part.

bruh literally scroll up like 4 posts

What matt said, the 4th and 3rd post above you explains that.

1 Like

Oh, sorry xd. It worked. But not on all the cars? 2 out of 5 works. I mean the cars spawn. But the ELS is not reading the car or something like that. So i dont get any menu and i try pressing the buttons, but i wont work.

• Martin O.

My vehicles is working very well but I wanna use ELS. Sirens are working with " E " but not with ELS

Hey did you ever find a way to do this?

Hey, there is a chance to we talk in other in private message? Creator of this post?